Junior Model Validation Quant Analyst - Investment models
Junior Model Validation Quant Analyst - Investment models
Quantitative Risk Analyst will work on model governance and conducting validation and independent review of models across LSEG to provide independent assurance that the covered models are fit for purpose. The role provides learning and growth opportunities within both AI and model risk perspective. The incumbent will be exposed to different areas of AI usage, emerging technologies and a variety of modelling approaches and frameworks.
LSEG's vision is to be the most trusted expert in global financial markets. This is achieved through leading the world in providing access to capital, helping customers optimise capital resources and promoting trusted and transparent environments and services for investment.
LSEG is a diversified international exchange Group that sits at the heart of the world's financial community. The Group operates through four key business divisions; Capital Markets (broad range of international equity, bond and derivatives markets), Post Trade (post trade and risk management services), Global Technology Services (high performance trading platforms and capital markets software) and Data & Analytics (real-time and reference data products).LSEG prides itself on operating a neutral, trusted, well-regulated and systemically important market infrastructure and does this within a fast paced, real-time, and highly regulated environment.
The Group is accountable to its shareholders, clients, regulators, and the societies in which it operates, and the Group Values and Behaviours underpin how the Group meets those accountabilities.
LSEG Model Risk Management provides oversight for the models across the firm covering model governance and validation. This role is focused on validation of models.
- Support model risk team in all governance activities
- Assist in model inventory maintenance
- Support model risk reporting functionality
- Help prepare senior management presentations concerning governance
LSEG investment models are used to support client facing analytics including FTSE Russell Indices and ESG models. Validate models with focus indices/ESG models and quantify model risk under supervision of senior model expert:
- Review and challenge investment models developed in LSEG
- Assess the conceptual soundness and appropriateness of different AI models and perform related outcome, impact, and benchmark analysis
- Develop benchmarking tools or scripts, models, and visualizations
- Run analyses on implementations to assess their correctness and stability
- Carry out and document independent model validation- interact and discuss with model users, developers
- Liaise with relevant data architecture and technology controllers
- Assist senior risk and business management in all aspects of investment model risk
The successful candidate must have a:
- Postgraduate degree (MS/PhD) in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Finance, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, or similar technical background.
- Strong soft skills including the ability to engage and get cooperation from senior staff.
- Documentation (Word) and presentation (PP) skills
- A hacking and inquiring mindset approach to technology.
- IT skills including APIs, and cloud services like Azure or AWS,
- Familiarity with Python, R or Matlab and data wrangling skills
- A self-starter with an interest in model governance, ESG, climate and financial Indices, and keen to learn from others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, proven writing skills
- Nice to have up to 2 years' experience with indices, ESG models
- Nice to have some knowledge of governance
Integrity: My word is my bond. Integrity underpins all that we do - from unshakable commitment to building and supporting global markets based on transparency and trust, to every transaction across our business with each and every stakeholder. We are a source of enduring confidence in the financial system, so when we say that our work is our bond - we mean it.
Partnership: We collaborate to succeed. We pride ourselves on working together as proactive partners, building positive relationships with our colleagues, customers, investors, regulators, governments and shareholders - for our mutual success and the benefit of all.
Innovation: We nurture new ideas. We are ambitious and forward-looking - a pioneering Group of market innovators, driven by fresh thinking that has kept us ahead of change. We prudently and proactively invest to make sure that out markets and services constantly moving forward, developing and evolving with advances in technology.
Excellence: We are committed to quality. We have a fundamental commitment to developing talented teams who deliver to the highest standards in all that we do. By collaborating together, we will sustain industry-leading levels of excellence, setting the benchmarks that inspire ever better performance.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise of creating essential partnerships and open opportunities. Our open culture is central to how we deliver our purpose - driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth - in everything we do.
Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 70 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone's race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.