ING International Talent Program– IT Track @ING Tech
About ING International Talent Program
Joining the ING International Talent Programme (ITP) means you have the chance to play a part in leading the change ING wants to make. During the two-years, you will learn more about your chosen discipline and the complex IT environment within ING. The wide selection of trainings also allows you to discover yourself and better prepare your strengths.
- You have a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from a university, preferably in Computer Science, Informatics, Software/Computer Engineering or Mathematics (with clear programming affinity);
- You are passionate about technology;
- You are enthusiastic and consider the interests of our customers and your colleagues;
- You have an innovative take on banking and an unconditional drive to turn your ideas into reality;
- You are interested to learn more about banking/finance;
- You act with integrity and responsibility;
- You have a maximum of 2 years of professional experience;
- Extra-curricular activities (such as board or committee experience, volunteer work, internships) to prove your leadership development and affinity with the track you applied for.
Responsibilities The banking industry is evolving and there has never been a more interesting time to be part of it. At ING Tech Romania we are a team of engineers developing software solutions for various countries across ING. The projects we develop impact millions of clients worldwide and enable the digital transformation of ING.
We are working in an agile environment, we value proactive individuals with a can-do approach to problems and who put their curiosity to work in broadening their knowledge and skills.
Now more than ever, IT is the beating heart of ING.
As an IT trainee you can choose from various IT projects and you can have a significant contribution. We focus on five distinctive business areas: Core Banking Development, Global Products, Digital Channels, Data Management & Global Retail Solutions. You’ll hear terms as artificial intelligence, functional programming, continuous deployment and web components.
Your ITP rotations: In your first year and a half of the program you`ll explore different areas within ING. You’ll have the chance to begin as a Java Developer, DevOps Engineer, IT Security Engineer, Core Banking Developer or in the area of Data Management, for example. During this year and a half, you will have three rotations. The second rotation you will have the opportunity to work abroad for six months with one of your projects. As we are a company with a presence in many countries across the globe, you could spend this time in Singapore, US, Poland, Australia or Spain.
What makes this traineeship awesome:
- This is a comprehensive programme that provides talented graduates with the knowledge, skills and on-the-job experience to become ING’s future leaders. We offer you the chance to shape your own ideas about banking in a receptive environment.
- The program is truly international with over 100 trainees in 14 different countries.
- For each year of the programme there will be a global event designed as a bootcamp to develop your personal skill in the process.
* Global events. Access to yearly 2-3 weeks global events with other ING International Talent Programme talents from all around the world (you will mainly be in Bucharest in the first 18 months).
* Job rotations. Insights in various business units during the first 18 months and work abroad into one of our ING countries for 3 - 6 months. (if circumstances allow)
* International onboarding. Following your local onboarding introduction, you will fly to our headquarters in Amsterdam for a two week-long international onboarding event. (if circumstances allow)
* Trainings & learning experiences in different business lines to boost your knowledge and skill set.
* Mentoring. Experienced ING executives will support your personal and professional development through regular feedback and coaching.
* Specialized job. After 18 months of job rotations, you will start in your first dedicated assignment in IT field.
About ING Tech
ING Tech Romania is ING Group's global hub for technology providing over 150 services for 24 ING units globally. The services we are delivering fit into four main categories: software development, data management, non-financial risk & compliance, audit.
Established in 2015, our focus has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING entities.
Now, in 2022, our fast-growing organization gathers more than 1300 high-performing engineers and non-financial risk & compliance specialists that work together in global tribes.