Accounting Controller (with Spanish)
Michelin, a leader in the field of tires, is dedicated to sustainably enriching of the mobility of goods and people through the production, distribution and marketing of tires for each type of vehicle. It also offers innovative business support services, digital mobility services and publishes travel, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and atlases. Michelin has over 4500 employees in Romania: 3 factories (2 in Zalău and 1 in Florești - Prahova), as well as a commercial network, and a center for shared services, in Bucharest. The office in Bucharest also hosts the coordination center for the Central Europe region.
In 2020-2022, Michelin Romania obtained the Top Employers certification, from the renowned Top Employers Institute, for its Human Resources processes and policies, created for the benefit of its employees.
LET’S INSPIRE MOTION FOR LIFE
Where do success and ideas come from? We strongly believe they come from collective intelligence.
Our talents, people and employees are the source of purposeful and sustainable innovations. That’s why we care about developing and enhancing their strength, and we ensure them a tailored professional journey across units and countries.
What drives us is the spirit of unlimited innovation, which we all possess. Our goal is to cultivate and nurture that spirit, by questioning the status quo, improving our way to do things. Therefore, we are always optimistic as to overcome the challenges of tomorrow.
That’s our mission as an employer: inspiring innovation in all of us, to build a better life in motion for you and for everyone.
Michelin Romania SA, as data Controller, will process the data pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation no. 679/2016 for the purpose of recruiting and selecting candidates.
Under the Regulation, you have the right of access; the right of rectification or right to erasure; the right to restriction of processing; the right to be notified about rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of processing; the right to object and the automated individual decision-making; the right to lodge a complaint with the competent national supervisory authority and before the competent courts; the right to restriction of processing and the right to data portability. You may exercise these rights by writing to us at 10 Sos. Bucuresti-Nord, Global City Business Park, Building O1, 3rd Floor, Voluntari, Ilfov County or at dataprivacy_EUC@michelin.com.
Before sending us any personal data, please consult the complete and permanently updated information regarding the processing of personal data included in the Data Processing Policy available on our website.
This role is based in the Michelin Shared Services Center in Bucharest, Michelin Corporate & Business Services, where more than 700 colleagues deliver excellence in Purchasing, Finance, Logistics, Sales Administration and Personnel.
What we’re looking for?
• Economic background;
• Fluency in Spanish and English;
• Good Excel skills;
• Previous experience in Business Analysis/Reporting/ GL/AP/AR;
• Structured, organized and detail oriented;
• Logic approach, ability to deal with number
• Agile & growth mindset
The Accounting Controller will:
• Be responsible for the end-to-end payroll process in Spain, taking into account local tax regulations; Prepare reporting package for payroll.
• Work closely with the chief accountant at Michelin Spain, will interact with Business Partner Controllers in Michelin factories from the perspective of a payroll process expert
• Interact with the entire perimeter of Michelin Spain (personnel department, R&D sites, factories and office headquarters) regarding accounting aspects
• Deal with the calculation of provisions for div accounting concepts - annual premiums, life insurance, certain adjustments for overtime at the Spanish level in factories, adjustments for variable and biannual premiums
• Reclassify various incorrectly recorded payroll expenses and relocate to the correct cost centers
• Launch the related processes from the applications used to calculate the cost of salaries in order for the data to be transferred to the main erp (Oracle)
• Ensure quality and completeness of information recorded in Subledger, General Ledger and also all detailed accounting reports according to the payroll cycles. Action plan to address non quality and improve quality.
• Perform accounts reconciliation and justification activities.
In Michelin, we offer:
• A multicultural environment based on respect and transparency;
• Flexible work schedule and home-office options;
• Meal vouchers and lunch discount;
• Private medical subscription;
• Deduction of vacation costs;
• Dedicated commercial offers from our partners;
• The option to customize your own benefits package with book rental service, gym access, dental subscription, contribution to private retirement pension, deduction of public transport costs.
How we recruit:
Once you submit your application, one of our recruiters reviews it. If your profile fits our role:
• We have a phone call to get to know each other;
• We hold assessments to see your language skills and competencies;
• We meet in an online interview, with a recruiter and the hiring manager.
Pass all stages with flying colors, and we’ll send you an offer.