People and Organisational Expert (HR department)
The British School of Bucharest (BSB) is a leading international School, providing a comprehensive international education based on the National Curriculum for England and offers EYFS, Primary and Secondary schooling, with IGCSEs to A Levels.
BSB has offered, since the year 2000, a British education in Bucharest for children aged 2-18. It is a richly diverse learning community, with more than 650 students represented by over 50 nationalities. They benefit from an impressive pupil to teacher ratio and small class sizes, ensuring a personalised and highly supportive learning environment, offered by 100% English-speaking teachers.
BSB is the only British school in Romania rated as ‘excellent’ for both ‘the quality of pupils’ learning and achievements’ and the ‘quality of pupils’ personal development’, according to 2018 UK Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) report.
· University degree in Human Resources, Business or a related discipline
· Prior HR experience with at least 5 years in Recruiting, Learning & Performance management
· Robust sourcing skills with first-hand experience in implementing innovative and effective strategies for passively sourcing candidates
· Ability to understand, propose, measure and follow up performance indicators
· Ability to build good relationships with people at all levels within and outside the organisation
· Ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects at a time
· Self-starter, open-minded and results-oriented
· Flexibility to adapt quickly and work independently in a fast-moving environment
· Fluency in English
Learning & engagement
· Design, plan and implementation of the learning and development initiatives (soft skills/leadership programmes, onboarding, succession planning, talent management, diversity and inclusion)
· Assess the effectiveness of learning & development related activities and propose ways of closing the potential gaps
· Design communication campaigns meant to increase people awareness of the learning & development offering
· Participate in the development of the training budget and monitor expenditures
· Facilitation of internal workshops and soft skills/leadership training delivery
· Project management for different engagement initiatives
· Covid protocol induction, procedure update and its application in the organisation
· Support full-lifecycle recruitment for entry-level and mid-level positions following global operating procedures and best practice principles, including sourcing, selection, and offer development.
· Evaluate candidate backgrounds to match core competencies with key hiring requirements and assess motivational fit
· Utilise appropriate selection techniques.
· Carry out the necessary work required to implement the Performance program at an organisational level
· Supporting end-of-the-year talks and performance and feedback talks
· Follows up the process steps of performance appraisals per the calendar, conduct calibration discussions and report at the end of each cycle
· Responsible for updating the Internal Regulation