The Finance Manager is responsible for all finance related activities for the local entity, including financial accounting and reporting, forecasting, budgeting, financial planning and analysis, treasury management, taxation & other statutory compliance. He/She supports the senior management in driving the business performance of the company, whilst maintaining sound financial control and governance. He/She collaborates closely with other finance colleagues across the group globally to ensure consistency and standardization in measuring, monitoring and reporting performance for the entity, and would need to create solid working relations with all stakeholders of the business. He/ She reports into Technology Financial Controllership and will be the main interface between the local business management and other finance teams (both local and group).
- Ownership of all local statutory reporting (Romanian GAAP) and group reporting (IFRS) requirements in line with group policies and control procedures.
- Manage the statutory audit and group audit procedure with assistance from Center of Excellence (COE) teams and external consultants ensuring financial statements are presented to the Board for sign-off.
- Drive preparation of and present monthly and annual reporting packs to senior management.
- Provide finance partnering and support to the business by contributing to the annual budget preparation exercise and review output, linking finance outputs to business needs and ensure effective cost management and control.
- Responsible for all tax requirements (compliance, filing, local advisory) in coordination with local tax consultants.
- Contribute to strategic operational efficiency and cost initiatives driven by local and group leadership.
- Responsible for treasury, cash flow management and credit control as also reporting to local authorities - such as central bank, national statistics etc.
- Respond to ad hoc queries as required - supporting local leadership team, HR, payroll etc. being single point of contact for all finance matters.
- Engage with colleagues in other global locations as needed to ensure alignment with reporting and performance management policies and processes.
Candidate profile / Key skills
- Qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA equivalent) with at least 3 years post qualification experience including 1-2 years in managerial capacity
- Strong experience of Statutory Accounts filing in Romania essential
- Strong experience in dealing with local tax and compliance related matters, including dealing with local authorities and external consultants/advisors
- Experience of working in a global organization with a shared service model preferred.
- Proven track record in business partnering and financial control, including senior stakeholder management senior management and ability to influence wider finance organization
- Effective oral and written communication that resonates with the target audience is a must
- Pro-active behaviour that demonstrates initiative and positive work ethic to ensure activities are delivered to the required time, budget and quality.
- Excellent business orientation, with understanding of the key drivers, issues, constraints etc. of the business.
- Ability to understand/deal with complex issues and ambiguity, challenge ways of working and implement practical and innovative solutions using all available resources and toolsets.
- 25 days' holiday per year
- 1 additional day off for your Birthday
- Annual wellness allowance
- Share Purchase Plan
- Medical Health Insurance
- Medical Subscription (preventive medical services)
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.