Mechanical Designer for Cluster Products for HMI (TM)
If you want to be part of the Product Development Center with the oldest history from Business Unit Human Machine Interface and world-wide lead from Timisoara, then here and now you should start. You will have the chance to be part of a young and dynamic team that develop the latest generation of digital clusters with displays from 4" low resolution to 12.3" Full HD, but continue the tradition of classical analog clusters with pointers.
* Responsible for product design, CAD modeling, tolerance calculation, drawing and product structure (Mechanical BOM), creation of medium to high complexity projects according to defined guidelines;
* Responsible for designing technical, decorative and optical parts from plastic, MgAl, or sheet metal;
* Contributes at developing of optical concepts, at measuring of optical and illumination parts/concepts;
* Contributes to the communication process with internal and external customers and suppliers (including test laboratories) for low-medium complexity projects using appropriate tools;
* Responsible to optimize existing design by various techniques (reverse engineering, bench marking etc.) and offer engineering support and expertise in order to reach a better cost, quality, reliability, and manufacturing;
* Responsible to initiate and organize knowledge sharing meetings in order to improve work results;
* Responsible to take part, initiate and moderate brain storming meetings, reviews and meetings for medium complexity projects in order to exchange information and improve design;
* Responsible to analyze and interpret reports (e.g.: FEA, measurements reports, QL);
* Responsible to plan and track own and other's work packages.
This is what it takes to be a successful in Mechanical Design:
* University degree in Mechanical Engineering;
* More than 2 years of professional experience in mechanical design within the automotive industry;
* Advanced knowledge of CATIA, CREO (CAD tool), additional CAD tools are an advantage;
* Fluent Business English, German knowledge is an advantage;
* Advance knowledge of design and manufacturing methods of mechanical parts;
* Basic knowledge of materials properties and behavior;
* Advance knowledge of design guidelines (plastic, die casts, sheet metal parts);
* Good analytical, presentation and moderation skills;
* Capability to take initiative;
* Mentoring abilities;
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
* Good communication, moderation, networking, writing and negotiation skills in English.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
* Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
* Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
* Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
* Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
* In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
* Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
* Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
* Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
* Access to e-learning platforms;
* Career development opportunities (local and international);
* Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).