Global Software Development Engineer (BU CCN)_Sibiu_Plant_IE
We build tomorrow`s technology. We are #peopleofcontinentalsibiu: Click here to watch our location movie!
Check out your future responsibilities below
* You will define the architecture, design the technical solution and test strategies needed in order to ensure maximum value-add for stakeholders.
* Developing understanding of business processes and how it relates to data generated inside the company. Make use of the accumulated knowhow and document the developed solutions - for both end-users and other colleagues
* Data gathering and processing (includes writing scripts, calling APIs, writing SQL queries etc.) in an agile environment.
* Representation of central software development team in Sibiu, ensuring the flow of information and keeping contact while working together with (mostly) internal stakeholders from all over the world.
* Gather and assess key requirements from for analytical and modelling solutions to improve business processes and support decision making.
* University degree in Computers, Information Technology (including Mathematics and Informatics studies), Automation or other relevant programming degrees.
* Expertise with programming / scripting languages (any of JAVA, C#, Python, C) and object-oriented programming.
* Basic knowledge in agile approaches like SCRUM, KANBAN is an advantage.
* experience with SQL/PL SQL and ETL processes.
* Initiative and creativity, good communication skills.
* Advanced English - written and oral communication.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, using initiative to anticipate needs in areas of responsibility.
* Critical and proactive thinker with capacity to quickly learn programming languages will be strongly considered.
* Positive attitude and joy in discovering and solving challenges.
* Strong data visualization and data modelling skills.
Comp & Ben:
* Pay for Performance;
* Achievement Bonus & Rewards;
* Referral Bonus;
* Work Time Flexibility: mobile-work, part-time contracts, sabbatical, flexible working hours;
* Relocation Bonus (when applicable);
* System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas;
* Kindergarten on Site (partial subvention);
* Regina Maria Medical Policlinic on Site (for Continental employees & their families);
* Private Health Insurance Services (global provider, > 700 medical partners);
* Private Travel Insurance (valid worldwide);
* Restaurant and Coffee Corner on Site: daily discount, live cooking, international cuisine & outdoor terrace;
* Community Events;
* Many other benefits to enjoy after work (in partnership with Benefits Online, > 2.000 offers, >800 partners).
* Career Path:
* Career path of choice to support Technical, Leadership or Project Management aspirations;
* Personalized learning perks including digital courses;
* Ground-breaking projects in Automotive and Tech;
* Private Academic Scholarships (Bachelor/Master/PhD). Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops, produces and integrates active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensors, electronic air suspension systems and cleaning systems for windscreens and headlights. Autonomous Mobility and Safety has a high level of systems expertise in the interconnectivity of individual components. As a result, products and system functions are created along the "SensePlanAct" chain of effects. These make driving safer and easier and pave the way for autonomous mobility.