Junior Technical Writer
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.Cerinte
The junior technical editor will support the new product development, delivering high-quality documentation. He/she is playing a key-role in translating the technical information into easily-understandable language. Job duties include professional editing and proofreading for data sheets, user’s guides, application notes, errata, product briefs, programming specifications or technical briefs, according to our internal technical documentation process.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 1 year of technical editing experience with writing and analytical skills in the technical environment would be a plus.
- Excellent written, proofreading and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent technical writing skills and ability to review technical documents for grammar, content and style of writing.
- SDL Tridion Docs content management tool and basic XML skills would be a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat or Atlassian tools is highly desirable.
- Ability to assimilate and convey technical material in a concise and effective manner.
- Ability to prioritize and simultaneously manage many projects from a variety of sources.
- Ability to work independently, quickly, thoroughly and accurately, following all departmental standards, style, formatting, archival and procedural rules.
- Provide desktop publishing of technical publications for microcontroller engineering projects;
- Accurately edit, proofread and format technical documentation using SDL structured-authoring tool and FrameMaker;
- Interface with internal customers on development of technical literature;
- Maintain and deliver the required documentation in accordance with the process requirements and project schedule, within deadlines;