Transmission Engineer - 2nd Line TX Operations Specialist
Technology is a playground for ideas!
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.
If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,
Meet us, Join us, Grow with us!
We stay hungry and true to our core values by recruiting people who are fun, passionate, open, and question everything.
Reflect on what your motivation is to come on board! We’re eager to hear your story.
We live and thrive in an ever-changing environment where creativity and productivity are key, within working hours, of course.
With these skills you are a great candidate:
• Very good understanding of DWDM, SDH, MW and IP Backhaul network architecture.
• Very good knowledge DWDM, SDH, MW and IP principles and protocols.
• Good knowledge of DWDM, SDH, MW incident management.
• Hands-on experience on the following NMS and equipment represents a big advantage:
o Huawei DWDM – OSN1800, OSN6800
o SIAE MW – AlcPlus2, AlcPlus2e, AGS-20, ALFO80, ALFO80HD
o Cisco routers - ASR9k
o Ericsson (Marconi) OMS16XX Family
• Good understanding of 2G/3G/4G/5G Mobile Networks and services
• Basic Linux/Unix system administration and scripting
• 1-2 years of Incident management experience in DWDM, MW, SDH and IP Network Operations and Maintenance activities.
• Foreign languages:
o English - very good knowledge (B2 level for speaking and writing)
o Italian is a plus
• Ability to work within virtual teams and interface with multi-national clients
• Strong and collaborative team player with good communication skills which don’t hesitate to share a constructive feedback
• Strong time management skills – evaluate fast different situations and reprioritize tasks accordingly
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
• In collaboration with 1st Line Operations teams, you work out procedures related to the analysis of alarms to detect and eliminate faults.
• You are involved in network’s expansions, upgrades (both software and hardware), revisions and dismissals activities, collaborating with planning and delivery functions.
• In case of incident, assure troubleshooting analysis and all the repair actions, including field service support and vendor support escalation to achieve service restoration of IP Backhauling, Microwave, SDH and DWDM Transmission Networks.
• Perform proactive maintenance activities to prevent incidents and constantly optimize the network. Take corrective measures based on performance management and indicators trend analysis
• Knowledge sharing to increase technical skills of other teams involved in deployment and operations activities in the network
• Periodically cover 24/7 on call service weekly shifts for both Incident and Configuration activities.
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
• In this pandemic period we have 100% work from home for your safety.
• Medical and dental services
• Life insurance
• Dedicated employee phone subscription
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers
• Annual Company Bonus
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
• You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
• Getting in on the ground floor of and technology changing company
• Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you!