OSS 2nd Line Engineer
Technology is a playground for ideas!
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.
If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,
Meet us, Join us, Grow with us!
We stay hungry and true to our core values by recruiting people who are fun, passionate, open, and question everything.
Reflect on what your motivation is to come on board! We’re eager to hear your story.
We live and thrive in an ever-changing environment where creativity and productivity are key, within working hours, of course.
With these skills you are a great candidate:
• Linux/Unix System administration skills
• Computer Science MSc degree or equivalent
• More than 2 years of experience in a telecom environment, performing similar functions, including specific training.
• Shell Scripting and programming skills (Python, PHP, JAVA, JS, VBA).
• Detailed knowledge of Operation Systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UNIX) and Database Administration (SQL, Oracle)
• Detailed knowledge of OSS Mobile monitoring systems (NetAct, OSS-RC/ENM, U2000, Netcool, etc.)
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
• Administer EMS platforms, probing platforms and some OSS critical applications for Vodafone
• Perform troubleshooting, fault handling and implement temporary and permanent corrective actions. Engage with 3rd party support (hardware or software vendors) to ensure problems are solved within the expected time frames.
• Apply daily routine monitoring and health checks on the OSS systems. Implement automated incident detection and optimize the system monitoring.
• Participate in new projects activities, by providing input, implementing or verifying improvements in processes and work instructions, verifying configuration changes.
• Interact with customer technical staff, NOC engineers, operation managers and other groups within Service Delivery organization.
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
• In this pandemic period we have 100% work from home for your safety.
• Medical and dental services
• Life insurance
• Dedicated employee phone subscription
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers
• Annual Company Bonus
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
• You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
• Getting in on the ground floor of and technology changing company
• Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you!