Advanced Purchasing Engineer for Passive Safety & Sensorics TM
The most critical thing in a negotiation is to get inside your opponent's head and figure out what he really wants." (Jacob Lew). If this sounds interesting to you, join our Purchasing Team by applying to this role.
* Purchasing Representative in Project team from acquisition phase until SOP;
* Ensures early involvement of purchasing and suppliers;
* Sub-Project Manager for Purchasing content.
* Follow-up on supplier and material status during product development phase, e.g. requests for quotation (exception CM for categories Passives and Discretes), in-time sourcing, continuous feedback of APQP / PPAP status from SQM;
* Push design to cost / target cost process to attain the target costs derived from target costs workshop for materials;
* To reduce total material costs by fulfilling the required functions;
* Perform Cost Reduction Programs (CRP) for BU's products after SOP, Push Re-design to cost and CRP programs;
* Project support for medium to high complex projects in business fields to deliver, on time, all related matters by optimum inputs for quotes, workshops, BOM evaluation and implementation of potential savings in the project;
* Support technical change process after SOP;
* Providing input/development and implementation of purchasing strategies to have influence at supplier level and thus provide competitive proposals for product improvements;
* Carrying out benefit analysis workshops with key suppliers to concentrate on the key functions of the components/projects;
* Preparation of sourcing decisions to guarantee sourcing decisions that correspond to the sourcing strategy;
* Second Sourcing to secure permanent supplies with competitive terms;
* Market analysis (national/international) to acquire new suppliers and new technologies in the deployment of suppliers;
* Carrying out supplier evaluation to concentrate on the best suppliers and improve the current supplier base;
* Respects the confidentiality of information he/she has access to inside the company;
* Follows the instructions and requirements of management personnel inside the company;
* Respects Internal Regulations and company's procedures;
* Respects information security and data protection regulations;
* Respects specific laws and internal regulations connected to company's environment policy;
* For Safety relevant projects: the related tasks will be fulfilled according to the internal Safety Management Procedures/ Methods. Control safety criteria in own area of responsibility. Develop, introduce and drive measures in order to avoid safety cases.
* Academic degree in business administration or engineering;
* Management skills, tools and techniques which ensures a strategic, profit and resulted oriented handling (Benchmarking, Presentation, etc.);
* Human relations skills (team skills, conflict management, open-mindedness, networking);
* Communication skills including Presentation and Negotiation techniques also operating in different cultures;
* Problem solving and decision-making tools and techniques;
* Procurement Process and Product Life Cycle (PLC) knowledge;
* Technical understanding of specific components and automotive requirements;
* Risk Management knowledge.
What we offer :
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbatical.