Shift Manager Technical Support
Who are we?
At K2view, our purpose is to make every customer experience personalized and profitable – delivering value to digital transformation, service, marketing, and compliance teams, enabling next-generation experiences in many countries.
In two sentences
You will join our team in Bucharest, work in a unique, start-up like team part of K2view Cloud Services team as a key contributor to run K2view Cloud Operation providing mPaaS (Managed PaaS) and PaaS offering focusing on K2view Customer satisfaction and superb performance of K2view cloud offering.
As a Shift Manager, you’ll be working closely with K2view SRE, COE (Center of Excellence) Tier 2 team, DevOps and K2view Customers. You will be part of the group taking care of K2view mPaaS/PaaS service, while ensuring high level of K2view Customer Satisfaction to support K2view growth.
At K2View, we’re passionate about big data systems and data management platforms. Our mPaaS team was created to ensure smooth operation of the service we operate for our customer either on their Cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP) as Managed PaaS (mPaaS) or on K2View AWS Cloud (PaaS).
As the shift manager you will be responsible for ensuring smooth operation of the service, work on open support cases opened by K2view mPaaS/PaaS customers and act as the senior person in case of Critical or High Severity case/Outage declared by one of K2view customers.
During an incident you will be responsible to make sure that the team is working according to the Operational Procedures relevant for the specific customer, ensure that all relevant people from the different K2view groups are engaged, and be able to communicate professionally with the customer to update him accordingly according to the SLA defined with the customer. As a Tier 1 person you will be required to do the first investigation, debugging and triage, eventually categorizing of any incoming problem/case open by K2view Customers.
As a Tier 1 person you are expected to become THE product experts and be able to analyze functional implementation and infrastructure defects/issues and rout the problem to the relevant department in the company for deeper analysis.
Also, you will oversee smooth execution of any change management planned during the shift, such as Project Implementation upgrade Hot Fix installation etc.
- Leading the shift team, including o Shift Manager o Site Reliability Engineers o On call DevOps & Tier 2 persons
- Interface with the customer and relevant teams in K2view during Critical or High Incident/Outage
- Manage change management such as deployment scheduled for your shift.
- Ability to calculate SLA degradation relevant for events took place in your shift
- Ability to dive in into technical details and be able to present yourself to executive level discussing an incident
- Ability to manage outage bridge on executive and detail level.
- Managing and triaging on-going tickets open by customers
- Investigate Production cases and do the initial triage
- Follow-up internally and externally on cases until case is closed/resolved
- Where applicable, write data correction scripts (workaround) under SRE/Tier2/DevOps guidance
- If applicable, notify Customer’s project team of the required implementation changes to fix the Error or apply workaround
- Generate weekly & monthly ticket reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
- Knowledge in Linux and Windows operating systems
- Some ability to program (Object-Oriented) in Java
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Advantage: Knowledge in SQL/NoSQL Databases such as PostgreSQL, SQLite etc.
- Availability for a full-time position
- High serviceability with customer-oriented approach and be able to communicate with customer executives & stake holders
- MUST - Fluent English speaking/writing skills