Senior Accountant | Internal Finance
Voted the Most Desired Employer in Romania, in the Financial Services Industry, three consecutive times, in the Catalyst surveys, Deloitte Romania provides services in audit, tax, legal, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, business processes as well as technology services, through 2,000 professionals. The Regional Audit Delivery Center (RADC) provides Audit services to various Country Member Firms from Deloitte Central Europe and to their clients. The Tax & Legal Delivery Center (TLDC) offers services focused on 5 service lines: GES (Global Employer Services), Business Tax, Global Tax Center Europe, Global Trade Advisory (GTA) and Legal Center of Excellence (CoE).
Worldwide, Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500 companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, with over 330,000 professionals. The organization is recognized among “World’s Best Workplaces™” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune and among “World’s Most Attractive Employers”, by Universum, according to 2020 surveys.
We believe that innovation comes from contrasting disciplines, backgrounds and cultural perspectives and that the innovative solutions our people deliver have to always make an impact that matters. We celebrate individual strengths and we prioritize our people’s well-being.
You bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities.
• Relevant university degree (Accounting);
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in accounting, with at least 2 years’ exposure in tax compliance and financial statements preparations;
• CECCAR, CCF or equivalent qualification /in progress is considered a plus;
• SAP FI knowledge or previous experience with a similar ERP is mandatory;
• Previous experience in fiscal audits and consultancy accounting outsourcing is considered a plus;
• International business exposure, working in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders;
• Advanced English (both written and spoken)
• Solid controls consciousness and analytical skills;
• Team player, with very good interpersonal and communication skills.
Monthly accounting reporting may include :
• Review and reconcile the trial balance in accordance with monthly deadlines in place for management reporting;
• Reconcile and post cost and revenue accruals in line with internal procedures;
• Review of clearing account for fixed assets acquisition, create and post new fixed assets, run the depreciation and check of fixed assets register vs trial balance;
• Account payables and receivables monthly review, check and follow up balances, follow up on suspense account 473, clearing of the advance accounts;
• Review the deferred accounts, some GL accounts (expenses, small assets etc.) and ask corrections when if the case from the SSC bookkeeping team;
• Prepare and post statutory provisions, accruals for untaken holiday, tax charges, withholding tax adjustments etc.;
• Treasury balances review (bank accounts, petty cash);
• Reevaluation transaction control and post for all accounts in foreign currencies;
Year-end accounting activities:
• Perform different reconciliations or some reports for management month closing or audit;
• Participate in the audit process and provide reports, analyses as per request;
• Prepare financial statements based on local GAAP and IFRS based on company calendar;
• Payroll notes review vs. tax statements (payroll and payroll tax statements performed in a different department);
• VAT ledgers review and VAT tax returns preparation;
• Corporate income tax calculation and tax statements preparation;
• Withholding tax and other corporate tax compliance;
• Relation with fiscal authorities to solve/clarify pending issues or for specific projects; preparation of fiscal inspection for VAT reimbursement;
• Obtain all fiscal certificates residency certificates;
• Reconciliation of tax evidences;
• Other tasks allocated by Chief Accountant;
• Administrative tasks related to urgent payment request;
• Operational procedures update and improvement proposals;
• Statistical and National Bank reporting based on authority request.
To support our growth in Romania, we are currently looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Internal Finance Department.
The Senior Accountant will be accountable for accurate and timely statutory accounting reporting and tax compliance for two legal entities.