Tax Specialist - Global VAT Compliance
Voted the Most Desired Employer in Romania, in the Financial Services Industry, three consecutive times, in the Catalyst surveys, Deloitte Romania provides services in audit, tax, legal, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, business processes as well as technology services, through 2,000 professionals. The Regional Audit Delivery Center (RADC) provides Audit services to various Country Member Firms from Deloitte Central Europe and to their clients. The Tax & Legal Delivery Center (TLDC) offers services focused on 5 service lines: GES (Global Employer Services), Business Tax, Global Tax Center Europe, Global Trade Advisory (GTA) and Legal Center of Excellence (CoE).
Worldwide, Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500 companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, with over 330,000 professionals. The organization is recognized among “World’s Best Workplaces™” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune and among “World’s Most Attractive Employers”, by Universum, according to 2020 surveys.
We believe that innovation comes from contrasting disciplines, backgrounds and cultural perspectives and that the innovative solutions our people deliver have to always make an impact that matters. We celebrate individual strengths and we prioritize our people’s well-being.
You bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities.
Who we're looking for
• A bachelor degree with focus on Economics, Accountancy or Finance;
• 3 to 6 years of experience in Tax / Accountancy / Finance;
• Fluency in English, any other European language is a strong asset;
• A great sense of accuracy and being result oriented;
• Strong communication and team skills, with a desire to work with an international team;
• Good knowledge of MS Office (focus on Excel).
Your future role
• Assist multinationals in complying with their VAT obligations in EMEA;
• Assist multinationals on VAT compliance related topics (registrations, audits, etc.);
• Review work prepared by analysts in order to achieve high quality standards set for the team and assist with the development of their skills & knowledge;
• Become proficient with the GTCE tools and systems;
• Coach junior staff on the day-to-day activities.
What we offer
• An exciting opportunity to work in a team at the forefront of tax technological innovation;
• Opportunity to work with our international team;
• A broad understanding and practical experience of VAT compliance in EMEA;
• Ongoing training sessions focused on your needs and development;
• Tailored support throughout your career focused on personal and professional growth.