Structural CAD Engineer
The WSP Bucharest office, established in March 2006, comprises over 150 permanent staff covering Structural, Mechanical and Electrical engineering, Green Building Certification services, Environmental disciplines and Software development.
The employee must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Relevant Engineering degree;
- Good technical knowledge and design capability;
- Familiarity with Romanian and International design standards and Health and Safety regulations;
- Track experience of writing specifications, design, and detailing of structural systems to a high standard;
- Working knowledge of 3D and 2D computer aided design packages is an advantage;
- Design with AutoCad;
- High proficiency of English reading, writing and speaking;
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information.
- The employee must demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Team building skills;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Effective verbal and listening skills;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Effective written communication skills;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and e-mail at proficient level;
- Time management skills.
The Structural CAD Engineer is responsible for providing drafting services within the projects undertaken by WSP. Also, heshe must perform tasks related with documents control relevant to the project the person in involved. The Structural Cad Engineer will accept more responsibility for technical drawing delivery and CAD team leadership.
The Structural CAD Engineer reports to the Buildings Unit Leader and performs his her activities as part of a design team aiming to deliver specific projects in due time and of appropriate quality.
Core responsibility will be to work in a team of other structural engineers and technicians, with minimal supervision and prepare drawings of a very high technical quality.
To communicate with other professionals outside of WSP and have a high degree of experience and knowledge of 3D modelling.
Liaise and communicate with clients, external partners and fellow team members on a technical level. When required, prepare technical reports and attend site and Client meetings.
There will be encouragement to develop engineering skills and in time be part of the engineering team. To that end, carrying out structural designs, computer modelling, prepare reports, specifications etc typical to the role expected by WSP.
- Produce CAD drawings based on the sketches and drafts provided by the relevant disciplined engineer;
- Coordinate with WSP engineers and all other relevant disciplines in order to deliver accurate and high quality drawings, schedules, reports etc.;
- Print, plot and prepare the drawing packages as requested by the relevant disciplined engineer;
- Document control activities.