Packaging Engineer - Manufacturing TSR
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Continental active
View all jobs Packaging Engineer - Manufacturing TSR active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Production active on Hipo.ro
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops, produces and integrates active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensors, electronic air suspension systems and cleaning systems for windscreens and headlights. Autonomous Mobility and Safety has a high level of systems expertise in the interconnectivity of individual components. As a result, products and system functions are created along the "SensePlanAct" chain of effects. These make driving safer and easier and pave the way for autonomous mobility.
* Design new packaging in Solid Works (or similar tool) for inbound, internal and outbound packaging considering cost, ergonomics, efficiency and safety norms;
* Develop packaging concept based on customer requirements, together with packaging suppliers: cardboard packaging, plastic (PS,PP), foam (EPP,PE);
* Organize packaging testing, trials and measurements for ESD safe packaging;
* Order and validate samples based on customer's specifications;
* Calculate packaging loop for returnable packaging;
* Calculate packaging cost for new projects;
* Send RFQs to packaging suppliers together with Purchasing;
* Take part at sourcing packaging suppliers;
* Participate in meetings for new components to define the packaging concept;
* Create/modify packaging part numbers in SAP local system;
* Optimize the returnable packaging pool;
* Working closely with following departments:Purchasing, Quality, Logistic, Warehouse, Sales, Project Management, SQM.
* University Degree - Mechanics;
* Specific design software ( ProEngineer, Catia, Solid works);
* Statistical knowledge;
* Mecahnical knowledge ;
* English skills advanced;
* MS Office.