We are looking for a talented Software Engineer who has Analytical experience or the strong desire to learn about this stimulating field.
You will be working closely with research teams, product managers and architects you will develop, build, improve and test financial data analysis models and associated practices and procedures. With other partners we innovate constantly improve our models and to provide truly differentiating insight for our customers.
You will have solid engineering skills, be able to quickly grasp and contribute to existing codebases and design concepts. We value critical thinking, value judgement and common sense over process.
- Engaging with the wider team you'll build complex, world-class quantitative models to address our customer's needs.
- You will assist your workstream by reading requirements from user stories, refining and estimating them as part of an agile process.
- Demonstrating a consistent focus on quality, you'll ensure that you deliver reliable software through the creation of automated unit tests.
- Through agile retrospectives and reviews, you'll adapt and find innovative ways to make your team work more effectively.
- Through participation in refinement and planning sessions, you'll work with other team members to analyze development requirements, provide complexity estimates, and agree how to deliver the requirements.
- Actively participating in meetings, you'll give timely status updates on areas for which you are responsible.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Practical knowledge and experience of Java or Python and related technologies
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Experience in development of complex distributed systems
- Ability to work in highly agile team environment
- Building and deploying AWS based applications
- Working with financial data
- Linux/Unix experience
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform
- Functional programming (e.g. Scala)
- Proficient with Git
- Proficient with CI/CD automation
- Positive attitude to learning new skills and technologies
- Self-driven, goal-oriented team player with good communication skills
- Strong problem solving, algorithmic thinking and coding skills
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximize each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
Share Purchase Plan
Private Medical Insurance
Pillar 3 Private Pension Plan
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.