Java Technical Lead, Engineering Center (Bucharest)
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people's lives. Whether in areas of Automated Driving, Electric & Connected Mobility, IoT or Connectivity, our ideas make driving safer and more comfortable than ever before. This is only possible with the help of our colleagues from Bosch Engineering Center - with offices in Cluj and Bucharest - specialized in software, hardware & mechanics and reliability engineering. We work closely together with other international mobility development teams and with the local Bosch Cluj Plant in order to offer unique products and AIoT solutions to our clients from around the world.
So, are you ready to shape the future of the mobility together with us? Let us tell you more. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.Qualifications
Who you are:
- You hold a university degree in computer science, automation, electronics and telecommunications, mathematics or comparable;
- You have experience as main technical driver in small software teams (Java, spring);
- You have a minimum of 4 years software engineering expertise and applied Agile knowledge;
- You have solid hands-on in designing and implementing micro-service architectures;
- You are experienced with various kinds of design/architecture (Micro services, Big Data, Cloud, Containerization);
- You hve hands-on experience with public cloud providers (Azure, AWS);
- You are familiar with containerization concepts (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm);
- You have working experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL);
- You have DevOps experience working in cross-functional teams;
You would be a perfect match to our team if:
- You have the ability to motivate people and to be a role model;
- You are collaborative, autonomous, proactive and structured with excellent problem solving skills;
- You can prioritize and efficiently coordinate the implementation of a variety of topics in very dynamic environments;
- You have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to report to multiple stakeholders in a timely and effective manner through both meetings and presentations;
- You are eager to learn and to embrace challenges;
Your work-life balance is valuable to us, so we offer you:
- 25 Days of annual leave, because work-life balance is essential to us;
- Flexible working hours, but if you want to work from somewhere else, feel free, our Home Office program helps you do that;
Your health and well-being is important to us, so we have you covered:
- Medical subscription
- Accident insurance
- Sport activities and well-being initiatives
We believe in a Life-Long Learning approach, so you can take advantage of:
- Technical and soft skills trainings;
- Access to e-learning platforms
- Local and Global career development programs
- Opportunity to attend conferences
- Bookster subscription
You will be part of a product company. You will contribute to developing end-to-end products that are delivered to Global OEMs.
On top of these, we are offering:
- A monthly budget which can be used for several different services on an online benefit platform
- Annual bonus
Ready to work #LikeABosch?
We live by our values, have an open feedback culture and there is plenty of room for innovative ideas. All because a team is only as valuable as its members.Job Description
Our teams are aiming towards a common goal: shaping the future of mobility together. Find out more about each of them:
- Connected Mobility Solutions
Our group is focused on delivering Cloud Software Solutions within Bosch. The development teams work fully Agile, following a DevOps approach, in a startup-like environment, but inside a well-established company. Our tech stack is mainly based on Java and it also includes: Spring, Angular, Python, SQL and No SQL databases, Docker containers, public and private cloud infrastructures (Azure, AWS, Bosch cloud). We use micro-service architectures to build fast, responsive and scalable solutions.
- Digital transformation :
We are a passionate interdisciplinary team with a mission to turn data into knowledge and enable digitalization in all fields of business. We design, develop and operate solutions that integrate data, process it and consume it via AI or data science algorithms on premise, Big Data or cloud-based platforms. Our projects can be complex reporting tools, data pipelines for data acquisitions from electronic control units in cars or sensors in wearables or full-stack AI applications like automated optical inspection, event detection.
- Engineering Systems Vision :
We are a strong team of professionals with activities ranging from embedded video perception, using machine learning and 3D computer vision algorithms, core technology for assisted and automated driving (oriented towards various mobile platforms such as cars, motorcycles, trains, etc), to web & cloud solutions. We provide semantics to data using latest machine learning algorithms and knowledge graphs and we facilitate the connectivity of data from vehicles to the cloud through online smart data selection.
Interested? Get ready to work #LikeABosch!
Our teams are happy to welcome you.
- This role may suit you , if you hold the following job titles: Technical Lead, Senior Java Software Developer, Design Lead, Software Architect and Java Software Developer;
You will provide technical leadership in the team, direct and mentor technical delivery team (including code reviews and design);
You will organize technical activities, delegate tasks, balance workload, set and track targets;
You will assist and collaborate with Product Owners, Project Manager in setting schedules and technology adoption in the projects;
You will foster an innovation environment and search actively for new development directions that can create future business opportunities.
You will design and implement architectures focusing on scalability, flexibility, performance, security and quality standards;