Today technology is driving the world. And at METRO digital we are driving the technology for one of the leading international wholesalers specializing in food - METRO. From ecommerce to checkout, to delivery software, we work on a wide range of products to meet the needs of our users - METRO’s customers and employees from across 25 countries. With passion and responsibility, we move the wholesale industry towards digitization and leverage METRO’s long history and expertise in B2B for building a more sustainable market ecosystem.
Purpose of your new department:
M.TRANSPORT strives to provide the best tools for cost efficient transport operations in all the locations that Metro (and not only) operates.
Dealing with topics like route optimization, data science and eventually artificial intelligence, M.TRANSPORT team is offering a great atmosphere to learn and grow.
Your new challenges:
As a full stack software engineer, you will develop both front end and back end micro services and you will be fully responsible for the entire application lifecycle. You will leverage the newest technology stacks to add value for a modern system meant to be used worldwide in Metro transport operations.
Curious to get more information about the team, the product, or the tech stack?
You’re a great fit if you have/are:
- Familiar with basic Scala development or any other programming language that is functional or has functional aspects
- Fluency in Java acquired in 5+ years of development experience
- Good understanding of HTTP protocol
- Knowledge of Spring Framework, Spring Security, SpringBoot
- Experience with automated unit and integration testing (Junit, Mockito, Sinon, Jest, Mockery)
- Knowledge of “NoSQL” datastores such as Cassandra and ElasticSearch
- Familiar with Kafka
- Familiar with microservices architecture style and concepts such as domain driven design
- Familiar with Linux and virtualization, preferable Docker
- Familiar with continuous integration tools
- Good knowledge of version control as GIT and version control repositories as Gitlab
- Have experience/knowledge of microservices and Docker container technology managed with Kubernetes
- Familiar with pair programming and continuous refactoring
- Strong communication abilities: being comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Mindset/Ways of working: have a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive. Focused on lowering the mean time between having ideas and making stuff happen
- Agility: being familiar with agile and lean methodologies - the ability to break down big projects into small stories, prioritizing, adapting to change, and delivering the most value
Our general Benefits:
- Work life-balance: flexible working time, work from anywhere inside Romania, celebrate your birthday with a free day;
- Personal growth: trainings in the area of soft, technical and business skills, free Bookster account, opportunity to learn and work with a variety of technologies;
- Well-being: online sport activities, fitness centers discounts, health and life insurance, private pension, lunch tickets;
- Working mode: multicultural, self-organizing teams, agile environment.