Product Manager Aftermarket Universal Products
HELLA is a global, family-owned company listed on the stock exchange that employs some 38,000 members of staff at over 125 locations in some 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry, and also has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis and services within Europe. In the Special Applications segment, HELLA also develops products for specialist vehicles. Complete vehicle modules, air-conditioning systems and vehicle electrical systems are produced in joint venture companies. With almost 7,000 people working in research and development, HELLA is one of the most important innovation drivers on the market. HELLA has achieved sales of around 6.6 billion Euros in fiscal year 2016/2017; in addition, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive parts suppliers in the world and one of the 100 largest German industrial companies.
In order to be successful in this position you need to have:
- Master’s degree preferable in business administration with technical focus or a master’s degree in engineering with experience in product sales;
- relevant product management experience or more than 3 years of experience working in a technical job in the automotive area;
- strong analytical and negotiation skills;
- passion and drive to reach commercial goals;
- business English (additional languages are highly valued) with proven intercultural, social & team competence
- strong skills in the use of both Excel and PowerPoint.
Your main tasks will be:
- management of a product portfolio pertaining to the product range Universal Products (profitability & volume check, market requirements);
- procurement of data for new product launches (volume, sales price, purchase price / production cost);
- initiation of the decision process referring to the launch of the products with their required specifications (commercial conditions, packaging, initial orders etc.);
- tracking of all product launch activities;
- management of compliance requirements for new product launches (incl. portal);
- market and competitor data research;
- offering active support via product trainings for local sales companies to promote product portfolio and grow profitably;
- preparation of product briefs for sales company information, marketing campaigns, fairs and catalogues;
- involvement in communication & promotions, quality management & e-commerce;
- implementing, optimizing and tracking compliance with product launch procedures and processes;
- observing and evaluating international markets with the objective of detecting market trends at an early stage;
- verifying the success of the product range by evaluating and analyzing the brand's success calculations.