Functional Safety Manager Core Team Member in VNI CCN - TSR
Interested and passionate about safety topics in automotive? Then your place is with us! Future mobility requires connected cars ensuring a safe and smooth flow of information. In the central team for functional safety of our products of the business unit Connected Car Networking you will support and coach the projects' safety engineers in designing and implementing the safety concepts. Basis is the international standard ISO 26262 for functional safety of road vehicles, which is implemented in the Continental process for product development. As trainer and consultant for the project team, the functional safety manager in the central team is the specialist with the background knowledge, who acts as enabler for achieving a compliant product.
Main activities and responsibilities are:
* Communication and coordination of safety relevant topics with internal and external customers;
* Performing hazard analysis and risk assessment and derive the safety goals;
* Moderating and performing reviews, audits and assessment on functional safety;
* Representing the safety culture in the organization and increasing ownership for functional safety of the project members;
* Fostering regular reporting about the status of functional safety in project and product;
* Assuring interface towards safety analysis and verification activities. To ensure compliant products the functional safety manager (FSM) observes the state of the art in functional safety and keeps aligned with international standards, national or customer regulations and Continental rules and guidelines. The FSM contributes to improvement of processes, methods, templates and tools as well as their project specific tailoring.
The main requirements for the job are:
* University degree in a relevant field (i.e. Automatic Control and Computer Science, Electronics and Telecommunication, Informatics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics etc.);
* Knowledge in System engineering, HW and SW development;
* Knowledge in ISO 26262, preferably with experience in safety relevant projects;
* Experience in R&D and Project Management methods, processes, skills, and tools;
* Knowledge about PLC process methods and tools;
* Moderation skills, trainer and coaching skills;
* Good writing, reading and speaking English skills team-minded, autonomous work style.
What we offer:
* Competitive salaries & financial benefits;
* Flexible working time, home office & sabbaticals;
* A coach for the onboarding period;
* Health & wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities, Canteen etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Leadership Areas);
* Work with the state-of-the-art equipment and technology;
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities.