8x8 is transforming the world of business communications.
We are passionate about developing industry-leading technology that brings people together anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device.
As a Technical Writer on our Tech Publications team you will partner with our product teams to produce, enhance and maintain the documentation for core product functionality. We are looking for someone who has the ability to take advanced features and make them easy to understand, has a passion for figuring out what customers need and how to make them successful.
Experience and qualifications we are looking for:
- 2+ years experience as a technical writer, preferably documenting cloud-based software products;
- Excellent technical writing skills and an ability to make complex topics easy and engaging;
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines;
- Experience working with DITA XML format and a DITA authoring tool;
- Experience in Agile approach to development;
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, MadCap Flare or similar project management tools a plus;
- Exceptional proficiency in both verbal and written English.
In this role you will be trusted to:
- Create high-quality feature documentation to help our users be successful with 8x8 products and services.
- Create docs of all sorts for our customers, from UI text to walkthroughs, from online help to implementation guides and from release notes to user/admin guides.
- Partner with others to create assets such as knowledge base articles, training, videos, and eLearning.
- Improve the overall quality of the docs by responding to internal and external feedback.
- Build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams, including product management, engineering, marketing, support, and customer success.
- Write for different audiences, from end users to admins to developers. Write content that will be engaging and informative for anyone.
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award-winning technology - 9x UCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader, 7x CCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Challenger
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Competitive compensation and benefits package