Monitoring Specialist 24x7
bitExpert - Our pulse is cross-technology software development that beats with every line of code.
Join our international team of more than 40 colleagues. As different as we are, we all have one thing in common – the curiosity about technology and knowledge. We are an experienced, motivated, purposeful, and cheerful team that is always looking forward to new challenges.
Skills and requirements:
• Fundamental understanding of Windows & Linux Operating System (Server-side); for example: understands job control, soft and hard links, and distinctions between the kernel and userspace.
• Willingness to learn new things and technologies (middleware, network, storage)
• Good spoken and written English.
• Experience using an enterprise ticketing system (SCCD/Service Now/Remedy/JIRA etc.)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of training users in applications, operating system fundamentals, and writing basic documentation
• Understanding of ITIL process with appropriate fundamental accreditation
• Excellent follow-up and time control skills
• Ability to work effectively with team members, multiple departments, and vendors
• Should be able to mentor junior members of the team.
• Should act as a role model
• Ability to conceptualize problems
• Extremely flexible if the workflow is changing
• Communicative competence (pro-active)
• Team player
Work schedule: Morning 06:00-15:00; Late 14:00 - 23:00; Night 22:00-07:00
• Perform real-time proactive monitoring of servers, databases, and network devices
• Perform troubleshooting for diverse technologies based on existing procedures (highly diverse infrastructure environments)
• Accurately log incidents within a ticketing system, documenting symptoms, and perform event rating
• Update assigned tasks in a timely manner; escalate as required to management, vendors, and clients.
• Monitors multiple logs across diverse platforms to uncover specific activities as they occur from platform to platform.
• Ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction.
• Interact with systems engineers, developers, and other personnel to quickly troubleshoot, triage, and resolve issues
• Develop and maintain positive communications between Global Service Desk, Site Services, and IT Infrastructure teams.
• Manage the intake and recording of information to ensure that it is accurate. Continuously evaluate the services provided and capture this information in the department's reports and metrics.
• Create and implement documentation and procedures for alerting and escalation.
Nice to have:
• Ability to assess the impact of different network problems
• Experience with various monitoring and alert systems and operating procedures to produce optimal results.
• Previous experience with Fault and Performance Management tools (Nagios, Zenoss, Cacti, MRTG, IBM Tivoli Monitoring, Netcool or equivalent),
• Knowledge of web applications and frameworks
What we offer:
An international team of motivated and experienced people
Work and development in a multinational environment
Opportunity to learn and grow
Occasional work from home and flexible working hours
High quality standards
Support your personal and professional growth
Work in small teams in a circle organization