Software Developer in Test (Platform)
8x8 is transforming the world of business communications.
We are passionate about developing industry-leading technology that brings people together anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device.
We are looking for an experienced Software Developer in Test who is passionate about delivering quality through test automation for microservices and cares deeply about delivering the most value to end-users as quickly and safely as possible.
Experience and qualities we are looking for:
- Being familiar with Quality Assurance terms, standards, strategies, and procedures;
- Proven experience with building or contributing test automation frameworks for RESTfull API and web services;
- Skill for writing reusable Java code using testing frameworks as REST Assured;
- Solid in Java (or any other object-oriented programming language), with a good knowledge of its ecosystems;
- Familiar with Postman, Insomnia, or any other API testing tool;
- Excellent organizational abilities and good self-management skills;
- Team player, self-motivated, eager to learn, and result-oriented;
- Outstanding communication skills (English);
- Proactive, problem solver, independent.
Additional "nice-to-have" qualifications that would make your application stand out:
- Performance testing experience (Gatling, JMeter, etc);
- Experience with Database testing/tools, relational (SQL) and/or non-relational (NoSQL) databases;
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns in test automation;
- Clean Code Evangelist;
- Familiar with Docker.
As a Software Developer in Test on our fast-growing engineering team, you will help build a new set of microservices which will serve as a replacement for an old infrastructure. This set of microservices will handle customer provisioning and management of various entities such as users, extensions etc.
The new set will be consumed by most of the 8x8 products - this is an amazing chance to make an impact!
In this role you will be trusted to:
- Get familiar with the product and business knowledge.
- Take part in all application development life cycle phases, according to the agreed Test Strategy.
- Test and certify features for release.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and isolate defects and report them to an issue and project tracking software.
- Plan, write, execute, and refactor manual and automated test cases.
- Perform end-to-end testing in case changes are made to your microservice under test.
- Perform code reviews and address code for review.
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award-winning technology - 9x UCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader, 7x CCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Challenger
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Competitive compensation and benefits package