Customer Due Diligence Team Leader
Mentor's is a head-hunting and direct search company specializing in management and sales positions.Cerinte
· Previous experience working in a risk, regulation or compliance role. Experience working in the sports and gambling Industry is desirable not required.
· Team leadership or management experience
· Knowledge of Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations for a variety of regulated markets and foreign jurisdictions.
· Excellent IT skills - proficient in Microsoft Office and internet research.
· Strong command of the English language with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate across levels of seniority.
· Confident in communicating with customers about this sometimes-sensitive topic.
· Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to comprehend and analyse financial data.
· High degree of attention to detail.
· Reasoning ability in order to make confident and justifiable decisions, persuasively communicating the Risk.
· Resilient with an ability to work under pressure, while maintaining accuracy and quality standards.
· Proactive approach to process improvements, actively seeking opportunities for change that benefit the wider team/department.
· Willingness and appetite to learn and develop own knowledge of risk and compliance in the gambling industry.
· Determined, dependable, approachable, trustworthy and responsible.
· Flexible and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
· Prioritization of Customer Due Diligence Team workload, including allocation of tasks to Customer Due Diligence Team Members on a daily basis.
· Assessment, feedback, training, and development of Customer Due Diligence Team Members, to ensure the highest quality output.
· Monitoring and analyzing the Customer Due Diligence Team workload, volumes and output.
· Monitoring changes in regulations and assisting with implementation of new regulations; plus investigating and confirming compliance with current regulations.
· Ensure that all Enhanced Due Diligence reviews and Source of Funds/Source of Wealth investigations are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
· Ensure accurate and complete internal documents are maintained in order to meet internal standards and industry regulations.
· Acting as the initial point of escalation of Enhanced Due Diligence reviews and Source of Funds investigations by your team.
· Making key decisions on actions required as a result of escalated Enhanced Due Diligence reviews and Source of Funds investigations.
· Where required, escalating complex AML issues to the Customer Due Diligence Director, Customer Safety & Due Diligence Vice President and Money Laundering Reporting Officer; generating relevant management information at a summary level.
· Trialing new risk tools in the market & providing feedback to management in order to prepare business cases to identify if the new risk tools would be beneficial to the operation.
· Assisting with compiling information for regulatory audits.
· To maintain client information in accordance with the Data Protection policy.
· Advising Customer Services and VIP teams and helping them to develop their knowledge of customer due diligence requirements.
· Managing Customer Due Diligence Team rotes, vacations and absence procedures.
· To perform additional tasks as required by Management of the Customer Safety and Due Diligence department.
Managing the day to day running of the Customer Due Diligence team (Romania); determining the nature and level of due diligence required in order to comply with Anti-Money Laundering and Gambling Regulations. Identifying the level of risk presented by the member, making key decisions and escalating any concerns to senior management. Feedback, training and development of the Customer Due Diligence Team members.