Data Engineer & Big Data Developer, Engineering Center - Bucharest
At Bosch, we shape the future by inventing high-quality technologies and services that spark enthusiasm and enrich people's lives. Whether in areas of Automated Driving, Electric & Connected Mobility, IoT or Connectivity, our ideas make driving safer and more comfortable than ever before. This is only possible with the help of our colleagues from Bosch Engineering Center - with offices in Cluj and Bucharest - specialized in software, hardware & mechanics and reliability engineering. We work closely together with other international mobility development teams and with the local Bosch Cluj Plant in order to offer unique products and AIoT solutions to our clients from around the world.
So, are you ready to shape the future of the mobility together with us? Let us tell you more. Our promise to our associates is rock-solid: we grow together, we enjoy our work, and we inspire each other. Join in and feel the difference.Qualifications
Education: Completed studies in a technical discipline (eg. Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or comparable)
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Understanding of the design and architecture of big data applications and proven experience with Hadoop ecosystems (HDFS, Hive, Impala, YARN, Spark etc)
- Experience in working with cloud infrastructure (like Cloudera) and workflows for all new and existing data sets ingested into data lake
- Capability to perform complex data transformations by means of efficient, performing and scalable programming in one of the following programming languages: Python / Java / C++/ C#
- Working experience with databases (SQL and noSQL)
Advantages if you have:
- Understanding of streaming platforms like Apache Kafka
- Software documentation, tracking (ex: Jira) and versioning tools
- Basic knowledge about testing frameworks like Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter or similar.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Passionate about data and big data technologies with an engineering mind set
- Motivation and commitment to get involved, learn and contribute to the development of leading edge technologies in collaboration with a global network of experts;
- Good communication, strong analytical skills, team oriented, initiative, perseverance and attention to details;
- Self-organized and able to estimate, prioritize and schedule own tasks.
- Target and quality orientation
? Fluent in English; German can be an advantage;
Your work-life balance is valuable to us, so we offer you:
- 25 Days of annual leave, because work-life balance is essential to us;
- Flexible working hours, but if you want to work from somewhere else, feel free, our Home Office program helps you do that;
Your health and well-being is important to us, so we have you covered:
- Medical subscription
- Accident insurance
- Sport activities and well-being initiatives
We believe in a Life-Long Learning approach, so you can take advantage of:
- Technical and soft skills trainings;
- Access to e-learning platforms
- Local and Global career development programs
- Opportunity to attend conferences
- Bookster subscription
You will be part of a product company. You will contribute to developing end-to-end products that are delivered to Global OEMs.
On top of these, we are offering:
- A monthly budget which can be used for several different services on an online benefit platform
- Annual bonus
- Lunch discounts
Ready to work #LikeABosch?
We live by our values, have an open feedback culture and there is plenty of room for innovative ideas. All because a team is only as valuable as its members.
- Contribute to the architecture and implementation of software products for systems that are integrating and processing large data streams in (near-) real-time, in the context of various domains from Driver Assistance to Product Engineering or Manufacturing.
- Develop solutions for intelligent, scalable, reusable and reliable data processing (ETL) in Big Data frameworks
- Responsible for data modelling working on complex and varying data sources from different domains that include everything from flat text files, semi-structured logs and messages, relational and non-relational databases, sensor and event streams to images.