Software Engineer (React&NodeJs)
To position MassMutual as a market leader for the next stage of growth, it is critical that we build top engineering capacity in a rapidly changing digital world. Romania has a significant pool of highly trained engineering professionals and so we are very excited to build operations in both Bucharest and Cluj.Cerinte
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, engineering or an analytical field such as mathematics or Information systems;
• 3 to 6 years of related software development experience;
• Technical knowledge across multiple areas;
• Good communication skills, reasoning skills, team player;
• Preferred experience includes knowledge of insurance and retirement services.
• Broad technology experience with core development and analytic skills;
• Services development: NodeJS, Java, SpringBoot, Python, FaaS;
• Cloud technology: AWS, EKS, VPC, S3, IAM, CloudFront, RDS, FaaS/Serverless, Teraform;
• Application design: patterns, DDD microservices, event driven architecture;
• API and Event Broker: REST service design, API Mgmt, Kong, asynch publish/subscribe, Kafka;
• Data persistence: RDBMS, NoSQL, Data Lake, SQLServer, Aurora, Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB;
• Security: IAM, OAuth2, OpenId, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Route53, APM, Logging/Audit;
• Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, Helm charts, K8s Secrets/Config Maps;
• DevOps: Terraform, GitHub, Artifactory, Automated Testing.
• The software engineer(s) will be part of a new development team aimed at bridging the gap between architecture strategy and delivery teams by creating sample/common components that can be cloned/forked by developers when building applications;
• The technology scope is broad and includes evaluating modern technology stacks/frameworks and deploying working implementations of patterns to the EA Reference Cloud environment;
• Researching, designing, coding and testing the implementation of shared code, components, services, config, templates, etc.
Positioning MassMutual for its next 20 million customers and remaining innovative in a digital-first world led to the creation of MassMutual Romania in 2020. With offices in Bucharest and Cluj, MassMutual Romania was established to build an in-house team with expertise in application development and support, quality assurance and data science.
If this vision excites you, we are seeking a Software Engineer to become a MassMutual team member. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the transformational journey at MassMutual. As we continue to grow our business and look for new ways to engage with customers, technology will be one of the most important enablers to our success and you can be a part of it.