Senior Network Automation Engineer | Romania (Remote)
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization, and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the role:
As senior engineer you are familiar with automating the networking stack from the server OS to the network backbone and comfortable in a switch CLI or a linux shell.
You will be challenged to create an automation platform designed to be used by cross-functional teams and internal service owners to deploy business impacting services.
You should be knowledgeable about software engineering, network engineering and systems deployment.
You will work with the team in automating network engineering tasks such as device upgrades, MOP automation, configuration generation, server deployments and collecting and storing network telemetry for historical trend analysis and capacity planning.
Our new colleague will work remotely during Covid and then from the Bucharest office (having also the option to work from home) or from Romania (Remote).
Interviewing process: online
- Create standard APIs with guardrails that will enable other teams to self-service networking resources safely
- Provide analysis of new architectures in regards to scalability or nomenclature that would cause issues with automation
- Develop and maintain accurate documentation for internal procedures and services
- Ability to automate solutions to repetitive problems/tasks
- 5+ years of applicable experience in software development, working in a DevOps role or working as a network engineer on large infrastructures
- Understanding of Service Provider networks or cloud networking at scale (MPLS VPN, LDP/RSVP/BGP-LU, EVPN, MLAG, OSPF, VLANs, DWDM)
- Ability to independently develop a full software stack, understand the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation
- Experience building software and data models for network configuration
- Understanding of typical infrastructure services (bind, OpenSSH, DHCP, etc)
- Experience using automation tools (Chef, Puppet, Ansible with Openconfig) to deploy and configure network devices
- Understanding of CI/CD and how it can be applied to network automation and a testing framework
- Experience with secrets storage tools (e.g. Ansible Vault, etc)
- Experienced with Cisco/Arista or Juniper networking equipment and the APIs they offer
- Strong understanding of Python or similar language
- Experience with Linux and Docker
- Strong troubleshooting skills towards root cause analysis and practical issue resolution
- Understanding of traditional Git workflows and ability to work with Git in a collaborative environment
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Working with the latest technologies
- Training budget (certifications, conferences)
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.