Buyer (Ultra-Fresh Food)
What will you do in our team?
- Buying responsibility for the Fresh&Ultra-fresh Food in Commercial division;
- Negotiate the purchase of products, ensuring that these meet specifications and can be delivered at the appropriate time at the most favorable prices;
- Develop the merchandise acquisition plan based on the sales forecast;
- Maintain up-to-date lists of suppliers;
- Monitor the purchasing and pricing arrangements to ensure that the company achieves the most favorable commercial terms;
- Monitor the performance of suppliers and products to ensure that they meet the required standards;
- Maintain an awareness of quantities of stocks to ensure that shortages are avoided;
- Report any significant supply problems to ensure that departments and functions are kept aware of any potential difficulties.
- University degree, preferably in Marketing, Economics or similar;
- Knowledge and minimum 3 years experience in retail buying or product management;
- Category knowledge: distribution channels, products, margins;
- Confident, ambitious, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment;
- Communication, presentation and negotiation skills;
- Highly organized, analytical, task focused;
- Uses creative thought process - on product, promotions, displays, deals etc.
- Able to work across multicultural environments;
- Very good command of English;
- Advanced MS Office user (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).