Senior Consultant | Advisory
Voted the Most Desired Employer in Romania, in the Financial Services Industry, three consecutive times, in the Catalyst surveys, Deloitte Romania provides services in audit, tax, legal, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, business processes as well as technology services, through 2,000 professionals. The Regional Audit Delivery Center (RADC) provides Audit services to various Country Member Firms from Deloitte Central Europe and to their clients. The Tax & Legal Delivery Center (TLDC) offers services focused on 5 service lines: GES (Global Employer Services), Business Tax, Global Tax Center Europe, Global Trade Advisory (GTA) and Legal Center of Excellence (CoE).
Worldwide, Deloitte serves four out of five Fortune Global 500 companies through a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, with over 330,000 professionals. The organization is recognized among “World’s Best Workplaces™” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune and among “World’s Most Attractive Employers”, by Universum, according to 2020 surveys.
We believe that innovation comes from contrasting disciplines, backgrounds and cultural perspectives and that the innovative solutions our people deliver have to always make an impact that matters. We celebrate individual strengths and we prioritize our people’s well-being.
You bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities.
• University degree in Accounting, Finance, Banking and/or Quantitative Sciences.
• ACCA or equivalent qualification acquired or in progress of completion;
• 3-5 years of professional experience in the area of financial reporting and/or internal controls/SOX.
• IFRS experience, having an understanding of IFRS and appreciation for the risks in applying and financial reporting implications of IFRS;
• Ability to research issues at a detailed level and enthusiasm for tackling complex issues;
• Ability to work autonomously and with minimal guidance, but also knowing when to escalate issues encountered;
• Open minded, decisive, strong business mindset & flexible;
• Experience in working with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point;
• Assist Deloitte clients in IFRS first time-adoption;
• Advice Deloitte clients in preparation of stand-alone / consolidated annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS and/or local GAAP;
• Provide excellent timely client service, deliver high quality work and strengthen client relationships
• Assist teams in providing technical accounting advice and in preparing calculations in areas such as:
o Revenue Recognition and related costs
o Employee benefits
o Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL)
o Stock-based compensation
o Foreign currencies
o Earnings per share
o Capitalization of internal use software and website development costs
• Be part of a team that assists clients with the accounting and reporting aspects of transactions including acquisitions, equity, and debt etc.
• Be part of a team that assists clients in preparing the financial and reporting aspects of an initial public offering (IPO)
• Support client in quarterly and annual financial closing procedures
• Assist clients in preparing for and completing audits, and liaising with the auditors
• Perform data analytics to assist in the above areas
• Assist clients with internal controls related matter, including design, implementation, testing and remediation
• Support growth efforts through pursuits, market research and maintaining a network of peers.