Data Science Analyst
What will help you be successful
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or similar studies (PhD or academical activity would be a plus);
- Minimum in the specialized field: 3 years, ideally in financial and banking;
- Very good knowledge about statistics including distributions, correlations, probabilities, hypothesis testing etc.;
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and techniques (dimensionality reduction, classification, clustering, regression, time series, association rules etc.);
- In-depth knowledge of industry standard techniques for data processing, data management, data delivery, data mining, analysis and reporting (SQL);
- Very good experience with Python including SKLearn/ statsmodels/ Pandas/ NumPy/ SciPy/ etc. (any other experience in using a scripting programming would be a plus);
- Experience with visualization tools (Power BI/ Plotly/ GGplot/ etc.);
- Understand the big data ecosystem and its major components (HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Spark, Pig, Hive, Kafka etc.);
- High analytical abilities and curiosity for finding hidden insights in data.
Check out what we provide for our passionate people
- The opportunity to develop yourself in one of the most important banking institutions from Central and Eastern Europe;
- Flexible working schedule and work from home policy;
- Accessible & modern head offices in Grozavesti Area (For the time being, due to Covid-19 situation, most of us work from home);
- Private medical insurance;
- Up to 27 vacation days depending on your years of experience;
- Days off for unexpected events;
- Free day on your birthday;
- Banking and private pension benefits;
- Flexible benefit plan through Benefit online platform.
How You Will Contribute
As a Data Scientist we encourage you to explore the world of Big Data and stretch the capabilities of our tools. We want you to embark in the driving seat of the Advanced Analytics future and build the most exciting and innovating Machine Learning models. You will wonder in the world of open-source programming languages like Python and R and integrate yourself in the Hadoop unlimited possibilities combined with the power of the Spark framework. Together, you will combine powers and deliver the Best Banking Experience for our clients. We want you to take charge and bring new ideas, new projects and new technologies to the table.
- Machine Learning driven models development;
- Business inquire regarding future model developments;
- Develop and maintain reports regarding the model performances;
- Data Sources discovery and manipulation;
- Production integration for developed models;
- Results communication by translating insights into business value.
About Our Team
We are more than 6000 people at BCR and each and every one of us is different. We like to believe that our diversity of ideas, attitudes, passios, feelings and origins make our culture more beautiful and our jobs more meaningful.