Project Manager - Infrastructure and Cloud
Reporting to the Programme / Portfolio / Senior Project Manager, this role is responsible for managing one or more complex projects that involve multiple stakeholders, ensuring that project charters, integrated project plans, resource plans, and contingency plans are fully scoped and documented, and that appropriate risk management processes are in place.
The Project Manager leads the identification and development of project objectives, scope, plans, dependencies, and success criteria in collaboration with the project sponsor and other stakeholders. The Project Manager will lead multiple work streams throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring high quality and cost-effective deliverables.Key Responsibilities
- Direct project management of projects or work streams of large projects that may involve multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Develop the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artefacts to meet project objectives, including recommendation as necessary
- Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value, prioritising high impact deadlines and activities
- Provide project analysis to facilitate senior stakeholder discussions and build a connection for negotiation
- Allocate resources in current and future projects based on the delivery tasks and milestones in the project plan
- Define and report on project progress and achievement of project milestones, regularly updating key stakeholders on project status & escalating issues quickly.
- Validate financial forecasts and provide on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered
- Ensure all projects comply with LSEG Group standards of project methodology
- Continually update relevant business stakeholders of project status and periodically publish project status reports in accordance with Change Framework requirements.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives
- Represent the project in various project governance and inter-department forums
- Define and track project tasks and milestones
- Ensure project meets success parameters stated in the business case
- Ensure end results are of the highest calibre with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Governance and Risk Management
- Work with the Programme / Portfolio / Senior Project Managers to ensure adherence to the LSEG Group standards for governance and risk management
- Responsible for facilitating regular project meetings and follow-up with project team members as required.
- Responsible for the project wide implementation of processes, policies, and best-practice for change management where appropriate, ensuring (and measuring) adoption and effectiveness
- Preparation, collation, and distribution of project status reports, ad-hoc presentations, and reporting (including senior management reporting).
- Ensure governance procedures are adhered to, for example:
- All project artefacts maintained throughout the project lifecycle (plans, resourcing profiles, cost plans, benefits schedules, RAID items, Change Requests and status reports) are up-to-date, accurate, and follow group quality standards.
- Projects adhere to the change framework, use Group standard templates and are subject to the correct stage gate procedures throughout the project lifecycle
- Monitor and document adherence to the change framework, escalating issues as required
- Work with the Portfolio Manager / Programme / Senior Project Manager to understand and manage the delivery risk within the project - driving out, tracking, and reducing project level risks
- Recommend solutions to reduce probability and impact of risks,
- Adhere to the planning standards and process to ensure transparency on key deliverables and dependencies so that delivery can be tied to cost
- Ensure risk management & mitigation processes are followed within the project by team members.
- Manage the project budget request process and perform regular financial reviews to track and measure financial performance against plan at the project level
- Work with the Portfolio PMO and Business to provide an accurate resource demand view for the project
- Track and forecast key financial metrics against targets, preparing forecasts and budget reports
- Support the identification and analysis of potential solutions to financial issues, considering budget, organisational impact, and financial and operational cost/benefit.
- Understand the roles, needs, and influence of different stakeholders and effective plan communications to provide appropriate and well-timed updates.
- Establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders, demonstrating understanding of their perspective, proactivity and their delivery focus.
- Accountable for project level communications
- Strong planning, organisational, and coaching skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the proven ability to work effectively with all organisational levels
- Property relocation experience
- Office closure experience
- Excellent at managing and influencing a wide network of stakeholders, including senior management, who can influence and build relationships
- Willing and able to challenge customers and stakeholders to better understand their needs
- Expert knowledge of financial, risk, and project management methodologies & tools
- Excellent documentation skills; ability to create high quality steering committee materials
- More than 5 years of project experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Global experience - working successfully with teams in multiple locations simultaneously
- Experience and knowledge of large scale, global, change programmes and portfolio management
- Experience in large investment banking or financial services organisations
- Background in working across a number of different sectors both business and IT related projects/programmes
- Knowledge of technology estates and technologies desirable
- AV / VC experience
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal.
We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- 25 days' holiday per year
- Share Purchase Plan
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Coverage
- Life insurance
- Pillar 3 Private Pension Plan
- Meal Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits
- Volunteering Events
- Team Buildings
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.