2nd Line Engineer TV Distribution
VON Consulting is an HR Consultancy company, providing solutions and services in the following areas: recruitment and executive search, personnel leasing, payroll, administration and training.Requirements
- Linux / Streaming / CDN technologies knowledge
- Advanced knowledge related to IPTV / OTT concepts and equipment.
- Basic REST / SOAP API concepts and experience in usage of Postman (or other alternative tools)
- Proven ability to capture and analyze system / network traces (e.g. Wireshark, Fiddler, Charles)
- Full understanding of internet protocols like HTTP, RTP, RTCP, RTSP, RTMP, UDP, ARP, ICMP
- Knowledge related to micro-services based architecture and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Basic IP transport knowledge (Routing, Switching, QoS)
- Understanding of network security concepts including the use of VPNs, ACLs and firewalls
- Advanced communication skills
- Capability to work in a multi-national environment
- Advanced spoken/written English language knowledge
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex technical issues in the IPTV / VTV production environments, providing top notch support for our customers.
• Solves technical issues reported by the monitoring department (Front Office).
• Performs emergency recovery actions for components in the IPTV / VTV infrastructure.
• Captures logs and debug information from IPTV / VTV systems.
• Documents temporary and permanent fixes that were deployed.
• Develops custom scripts for the automation of certain operational tasks and service monitoring of the TV Distribution systems.
• Performs emergency configuration actions in order to solve issues raised after the deployment of changes or during incidents impacting the IPTV / VTV infrastructure.
• Coordinates and is involved during the implementation of high-risk changes including network upgrade activities, software upgrades and IPTV / VTV infrastructure parameter changes, maintaining the quality of service and avoiding platform dysfunctionalities.
• Implements preventive maintenance actions.
• Coordinates integration / acceptance testing for new network elements in the IPTV / VTV infrastructure.
✓ Professional Development
• Regularly participates in internal and external training sessions in order to improve their technical skills.
• Trains the monitoring operators (1st Line) and new employees in TV Operations.