Mechanical Design Engineer
ALTEN Romania, part of the international ALTEN Group - with a unique position as Leader in IT & Engineering Consulting, provides support for its clients’ development strategies in the fields of innovation, R&D and IT systems since 1996. The company comprises 2 divisions specialized on its core capabilities: ENGINEERING and IT. These two divisions are: ALTEN TECHNO and ALTEN KEPLER.Cerinte
To ensure success in this role, you need the following experience and skills:
• 2+ years of experience in a similar position;
• Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or a technical field;
• Experience in designing parts (plastic, metal, sheet metal) using CATIA V5;
• Experience with FEA simulation;
• Advanced knowledge of English.
A typical day might include the following:
• Defining mechanical concepts;
• Designing, CAD modeling, and drawing creation for automotive components (mainly diecast, plastic, and sheet metal parts) using Catia V5;
• Managing the complete mechanical projects or work packages including communication with customers and suppliers;
• Performing the tolerance calculation;
• Performing packaging studies and integration of ADAS products in demo cars for potential customers or exhibitions;
• Tracking the results of the FEA simulation and keep the contact with simulation and hardware engineers and project managers till the final development of the product.