Senior Front End Developer (React.js)
8x8 is transforming the world of business communications.
We are passionate about developing industry-leading technology that brings people together anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device.
We are looking for a savvy Senior Front End Developer to join our fast-growing engineering team.
Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Redux) and using modern CSS techniques and libraries, like styled components.
Experience and qualities we are looking for:
- Strong proficiency in CSS3 and responsive design
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with Redux and its bindings with React
- Thorough understanding of Node.js and its core principles
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as GIT
- Passionate about delivering high-quality software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excited about learning and improving
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality software
As a Senior Front End Developer on our team you will apply your expertise and technical know-how to develop high-quality UI components and ensure that these components and the overall application are robust, responsive, and easy to maintain.
Equally, you will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure and share our commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and delivering quality products.
In this role you will be trusted to:
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Optimize components for maximum performance and responsive across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Deliver a consistently high-quality code.
- Work with your manager to meet challenging goals.
- Building clean, optimized and easily maintainable code.
- Triaging issues, finding and resolving the root cause.
- Support test and deployment of new products and features.
- Meeting your daily and weekly goals.
- Keep up to date with the latest software engineering trends.
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award-winning technology - 9x UCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader, 7x CCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Challenger
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Competitive compensation and benefits package