Category Purchaser Mechanical Components - Purchasing TSR
The Category Purchaser is actively supporting the category management in the definition of the supply strategy and negotiation with suppliers to achieve best market conditions for Continental.
* Conducts market analysis;
* Update yearly strategy with cross functional partners;
* Ensures Continentals requirements are reflected in the strategy of the category;
* Ensures in time implementation of correct data in the respective systems;
* Responsible for data maintenance and target achievement in the respective systems;
* Ensures fulfillment of requirements with legally binding contracts;
* Actively influence the sourcing process during development phase;
* Drive yearly price negotiations to constantly improve the cost situation of Continental Automotive;
* Track improvement programs with suppliers;
* Supports re-design to cost on project level and cost reduction programs.
* University degree in Economics, Business Administration or Mechanical Engineering;
* Several years of professional experience in purchasing preferably within the automotive industry;
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office package (programs and SAP R/3);
* Fluent Business English;
* German knowledge is an advantage;
* Stress resistance, conflict resolution abilities, assertiveness;
* Intercultural sensitivity beside good networking and communication skills.
What we offer :
* Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Relocation Package for non-Timisoara residents;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work, and sabbaticals.