Global Application Support Engineer
8x8 is transforming the world of business communications.
We are passionate about developing industry-leading technology that brings people together anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device.
We are seeking an experienced technical support professional to assist our customers with analyzing and addressing their technical issues and resolve complex technical escalations in creative and effective ways. As a Tier 3 engineer, you will be the primary liaison between our customers, technical support and our engineering teams. You will be responsible for reporting and resolving operational issues, maintenance problems and customer found defects.
Your software application, computer networking and telecommunications experience, advanced problem-solving skills, and an ability to build strong customer relationships, will help 8x8 expand our industry share of hosted unified communications for business customers.
Experience and qualifications we are looking for:
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving complex technical problems in telecommunications, enterprise networks and Web Applications
- Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize conflicting demands
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, plus the ability to use solid technical arguments confidently to obtain buy-in from customers and internal cross-functional teams.
- A high standard of written and spoken English, with great attention to detail
- Flex and take on ad hoc projects and cases to challenge growth and learning
- Proven experience in providing Tier 3 technical support to enterprise-level customers
Must Have Skills:
- Working knowledge of MySQL
- Experience knowledge of Application Programming Interface (API)
- Debugging using Kibana, Dashbase and Splunk logs or similar
Additional "nice-to-have" qualifications that would help your application stand out:
- Web Applications, Client and Server Side knowledge
- Entry level application developer
- Experience working with MongoDB
Linux command line experience
Our mission is to deliver Fast, and Engaging customer service, to enable our customers to fully utilize the power of 8x8 unified communication solutions. Our methodology is first-class support. In this role, you will get a thrill from proactively seeking out complex issues and finding their resolutions. You will be working hand in hand with our developers to reproduce the issues you find and develop permanent solutions to prevent them in the future.
In this role you will be trusted to:
- Engage the customer in performing remote application configuration, troubleshooting service and integration issues.
- Understand product flows and correlate them with specific customer configurations in order to be able to analyse product logs and find a resolution for the customer reported issues.
- Filter customer reported product defects, qualify, quantify and route to appropriate team if needed, or own all throughout to resolution.
- Work with our internal tools and engineering teams to reproduce in-house customer reported problems and fix where possible.
- Report operational issues, maintenance problems or bugs to product engineering
- Be a liaison between customers and all of our internal teams - engineering, support, product management, etc.
- Own the feedback and communication both internally and externally while the ticket is with the GAS team.
- Meet or exceed customer satisfaction and productivity metrics.
- Actively seek out the most challenging support cases to support continued product understanding and Knowledge Base sharing.
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award-winning technology - 9x UCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader, 7x CCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Challenger
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Competitive compensation and benefits package