Technical Support Engineer
8x8 is transforming the world of business communications.
We are passionate about developing industry-leading technology that brings people together anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device.
We are looking for a savvy Technical Support Engineer to join our fast-growing team.
As a Technical Support Engineer at 8x8 you are the first point of contact for our customers and trusted to answer all incoming customer requests via, phone, web chat and emails, document interventions and keep the ticketing system up to date. You will decide on the most effective way to manage each request and will ensure that customers are updated regularly via email or phone until their issue/query is resolved.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Proven experience in Customer Support or Technical Support role;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience;
- Previous experience with Salesforce Service Cloud or similar CRM systems, Knowledge Base systems, and Customer portals for case management;
- Basic understanding of VoIP technologies, networking and telecommunications, IP telephony;
- Exceptional communication skills, customizing your interaction to the individual customer personalities and contexts - able to work with non-technical and technical customers alike;
- Ability to adhere to processes and procedures, attention to details;
- Prioritization skills and capability to make high impact decisions while multitasking;
- Good ability to identify and apply documented solutions and fixes;
- Enthusiastic and a great attitude towards learning;
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
This is an interesting and varied role in a company that has massive Global growth visions and for some it is a perfect stepping stone into cloud based technologies which are fast replacing the older technologies.
This is an application Support role and we are looking for someone who is interested and able to easily pick up how our products work and apply that knowledge to solve customers' issues and configuration requirements. The best bit will be troubleshooting with them and getting stuck into some challenging problems that you help them to resolve.
In this role you will be trusted to:
- Respond to customer queries via phone, email and ticketing system.
- Troubleshoot problems for first time resolution of issues, wherever possible.
- Identify and escalate priority issues to supervisor.
- Maintain the accuracy and completeness of all recorded data.
- Operate changes and requests on the client environment; carry out screen-sharing to help customers get set up and operational.
- Capture, structure, reuse, and improve knowledge articles to promote the use of the 8x8 Knowledge Base and self-service.
- Continuously learn to build and maintain a strong knowledge of 8x8 products, services and processes.
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award-winning technology - 9x UCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader, 7x CCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Challenger
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Competitive compensation and benefits package