HW Designer Engineer for Camera - ADAS TSR
In the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems department are developed products and systems based on intelligent Camera, Radar & Lidar sensors that are able to "see" and collect details from traffic in the surrounding area of the vehicles. The used sensors contain very powerful digital processing units that are able to run intelligent processing algorithms for Images, Radar and Lidar signals trough which the high volume of information from traffic is analyzed and translated in actions and decisions which are transmitted to the driver trough visual or acoustic information or direct take the control of the vehicle brakes, acceleration and direction.
ADAS Camera Products implement safety and comfort functions for drivers, based on image processing technologies, by monitoring the position of the vehicle in traffic, determining and monitoring the potential hazardous obstacles in area that surrounds the vehicle. E.g The Lane Departure Warning protects drivers from unintentional lane changes while he's tired. ADAS Radar Sensors implement functions as Blind Spot Detection. BSD provides information on whether there are vehicles in the areas from side mirrors, non-visible for the driver. Automatic Cruise Control keeps the proper distance between the cars and automatically breaks the car in case of dangerous situations and accelerates the car till a preselected speed when the road is empty.
ADAS Short Range Lidar implements functions as City safety. It prevents forward collisions in city traffic by Emergency Break of car at speeds from 0 up to 30Km/h.
The Hardware Design Engineer is responsible for:
* Clarifying the requirements for assigned electronic modules;
* Designing the schematic, simulating the sub-modules & calculating the components for assigned electronic modules;
* Performing the worse case analyses for designed modules;
* Introducing and testing the new electronic components needed for new generation of HW modules;
* Collaborating with HW Project Manager for schematic integration;
* Collaborating with other HW module designers for designing and releasing the interfaces between electronic modules;
* Reviewing with PCB design engineers the layout design for own modules;
* Collaborating to creation and releasing the HW test specifications;
* Supporting the HW tests and the creation of the test reports, releasing the test results;
* Supporting the EMC performance investigations;
* Documenting and releasing the documents for designed modules according to internal procedures;
* Providing the inputs for creation the series Production Test Specifications (PTS);
* Collaborating to creation of HW/SW interface specifications;
* Collaborating with the SW team in developing the embedded SW application.
* University Degree or students in following areas: Electronics, Telecommunication, Computer Science, Informatics;
* Good Knowledge in digital or analog electronic design;
* Knowledge in handling electronic test equipment (Oscilloscopes, Multimeters etc.);
* Knowledge in microcontrollers and in electronic for embedded SW systems;
* Knowledge of a tool for schematic design;
* Basic knowledge of a tool for HW simulations (e.g. PSpice, LTSpice, ANSYS etc.);
* English language skills;
* Basic knowledge in embedded SW (Assembly language, C or C++) would be a plus;
* Knowledge in any of the next areas would be a plus: Camera/Image sensors, Radar technologies, RF, IR Lasers, Optoelectronics.
What we offer:
* Integration Program in a professional, professional, young & dynamic team;
* Competitive Salaries & Benefits;
* Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
* Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
* International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
* Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.