Senior DevOps Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
8x8 is transforming the world of business communications.
We are passionate about developing industry-leading technology that brings people together anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer for Cloud Infrastructure you are responsible for building and extending our evolving continuous delivery platform with the goal of moving changes to production faster and safer while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
You will also benefit from the opportunity to learn and use Kuberenetes which is standard throughout 8x8.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Linux experience is highly preferable.
- Working with the AWS environment is nice to have.
- Ability to multitask and take on new technologies.
- Experience with a highly available and scalable SaaS is nice to have.
- Have a broad understanding of infrastructure operation and automation.
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, Vault, Chef, etc.
- Ability to code and script in any administrative languages (i.e. Ruby, Python, PowerShell)
The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering and operations roles such as systems configuration management and software development. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently, lead other team members, and represent operations core values across the organization.
In this role you will be trusted to:
- Design , develop and deploy infrastructure automation solutions for on-prem and public cloud environments.
- Work on automation and implement continuous integration processes with Terraform, Jenkins, Git and Ansible.
- Create and maintain documentation of build and release procedures and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and industry best practices.
- Deploy centralized log management solution for organization's various core application utilizing log correlation engines.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot virtualized environments based on VMware/Nutanix/UCS platforms.
- Document and standardize the deployment procedures and ensure application have accurate health checks, troubleshooting guide before promoting to production.
- Implement monitoring offering like checkMK, Newrelic and wrote several custom plugins and scripts based on Bash and Python.
- Maintain storage infrastructure based on netapp ontap and PureStorage.
- Implement multi site DR solution to ensure high redundancy/availability.
- Automate the build and deployment processes for the entire lifecycle to ensure minimal downtime for our customers.
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award-winning technology - 9x UCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader, 7x CCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Challenger
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Competitive compensation and benefits package