Lead Product Designer/Design Ops
8x8 is transforming the world of business communications.
We are passionate about developing industry-leading technology that brings people together anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Product Designer to drive operational work within the design team whose mission is to drive efficiency, enable collaboration and support scalability across all design disciplines.
Experience and qualifications we are looking for:
- Experience driving processes and coordinating efforts across multiple cross functional teams.
- Exceptionally strong communication and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Solid relevant experience as part of an internal or product team.
- Experience working with creative teams, including collaborating with designers, content strategists, researchers, and prototypers.
- Self-motivated and proactive with a demonstrable understanding of user experience and design.
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects, with exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Adept at building strong relationships, within your immediate team and beyond.
- Understands how to utilize design specialties and how/when to integrate with partnering teams (PM, engineering, and various design disciplines)
- User-centric mindset with a solid understating of the importance of qualitative and quantitative research
- Willingness to question established thinking in pursuit of better outcomes
- Familiarity and working knowledge of current design and work management tools (Figma, Framer, Miro, Jira, Google Suite, SmartSheets)
- Familiarity with agile or lean methodologies
- Experience in working across multiple time-zones
- Good fluency in Romanian and English languages is preferred
- Ability to have strong budget handling for the team
- Excellent design project and documentation management
- Excellent project and document organizing experience and evangelizing skill across the org
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the product design team through selection, purchasing/budgeting, maintenance and training of all necessary hardware and software tools.
You will be trusted to:
- Lead and update the service manual across design and our playbook of activities, templates and practices
- Produce exemplary documents for the team to function well and organize existing documentation
- Provide visibility into the design teams projects across the organization by aiding internal communication strategy across different channels
- Be part of the department’s operations function where you will share learnings and discuss how to improve operational solutions
- Perform administrative duties like scheduling and organizing
- Design teams rituals; meetings, off-sites, events, all hands etc. to help making the team high-functioning
- Participate into developing lightweight, people-oriented, scalable processes, standards, workflows
- Help procure, drive and promote the use of tools that keep the design team nimble and successful in a culture that values moving fast and iterating quickly
- Help to organize staffing and headcount asks and onboarding of new members
- Encourage and create learning opportunities for the design team to optimize for speed and agility while putting our users first
- Support and grow research ops starting with and not limiting to recruiting internal and external participants, working with cross functional customer facing groups, and help drive a higher product NPS
- Coordinate cross functionally for the success of all design heavy G&I tracks
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award-winning technology - 9x UCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader, 7x CCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Challenger
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Competitive compensation and benefits package