Mobile Engineer - iOS or Android (national/full-remote)
We create impactful end-to-end digital products and solutions that result in relevant, memorable and rewarding interactions between brands and consumers. Delivering sustainable innovation, agility and a connection that inspires engagement and business transformation, we’ve worked with some of the world’s largest leading brands like Estee Lauder, Groupon, Microsoft, Macy’s, Mozilla, Lululemon, Neiman Marcus, among others. Cognizant Softvision has over 10,000 product, design and engineering professionals across a network of 20 studios in 11 countries and 5 continents.
In Romania, we have been present since 1998 and we have continuously grown over the years into a powerful team of more than 1800 employees. With Studios in Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Iași, Timișoara, and Baia Mare we embrace both IT professionals with strong software development skills and experience as well as young talented people, willing to learn, to develop their career and oriented towards success.
With a unique approach that helps us deliver sustainable innovation and business transformation for the world’s leading brands improving their digital maturity. We work at the intersection of engineering, design, and strategy, to help our customers create game-changing digital experiences with our client-dedicated teams.
We are looking for an exceptional iOS or Android Developer to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts.
For this position you should be able to check the following:
• At least 3 years of experience in mobile development
• iOS good technical expertise: Objective-C, Swift (and interoperability), UIKit, Git, unit testing, RESTful APIs
• Android good technical expertise in writing testable and maintainable code in Kotlin and/or Java with a focus on design patterns and SOLID principles
• Responsible for specifying, planning, reporting, designing, and coding for his / her assigned tasks
• Able to understand in detail a project and the business behind an application
• Able to give estimates for new features based on minimal requirements/specifications
• Able to identify risks/issues with a technical solution for a feature and work with technical lead to overcome them
• Proactive attitude with a drive to improve mobile engineering architectures and processes.
• Solid understanding and experience with architectural design patterns
• Continuous learner interested in knowledge sharing
• Good level of spoken and written English
A day in the life of an iOS or Android Developer:
• Design, build and support mobile experiences used by millions of users and many of your friends every day
• Work closely with designers, product management, and other teams to create unique mobile apps and the tallest cat pyramids
• Solve complex technical issues and improve existing mobile applications
• Evaluate, design, and develop new features and frameworks
• Focus on high-performance mobile application implementations
• Work closely with designers, product management, and other teams to create unique mobile apps in a highly collaborative environment
• Continuously discover and evaluate new technologies for maximizing development efficiency
• Keep in touch with the iOS or Android community and engage in knowledge sharing activities.