Senior Corporate Tax Consultant
Grant Thornton is a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organizations to unlock their potential for growth. Our brand is respected globally, as one of the major global accounting organizations recognized by capital markets, regulators and international standards setting bodies.
Over the last three years we are the fastest growing large accounting organisation and we are constantly evolving and developing alongside our clients.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics, finance / accounting or law.
• At least 3-4 years of experience in tax advisory field or as in-house tax advisor.
• Experience with the Romanian tax authority, as well as with reputable training providers in international tax is also valuable.
• Relevant professional qualification (i.e., ADIT), and membership with the relevant professional body (i.e., CCFR). CECCAR, ANEVAR or ACCA membership would be an advantage.
• Knowledge and experience in direct taxes (mainly corporate income tax, but knowledge on personal income tax would be also a plus), as well as exposure on both tax compliance and tax advisory jobs.
• Fluent in English (writing, reading, speaking); any other foreign language is a plus.
• Working on complete range of tax engagements under the instructions and review of the tax manager / senior manager in charge, by liaising with the tax team, as well as with professionals in the other business lines (e.g., audit, advisory, BPS).
• Performing work assigned by the manager / senior manager on tax compliance, tax advice, tax health check / due diligence reports, complaints against the tax decisions issued by the tax authorities and other documents needed in tax procedures.
• Coaching and mentoring juniors on their day-to-day activity.
• Reviewing the work of more junior staff.
• Participating in internal training sessions, together with the team, as well as informal technical meetings as part of the CPD of the Grant Thornton Romania’s tax team.
• Interacting with the tax authorities in order to solve tax matters of the clients, e.g. representation during the tax audits, filing complaints, participating in meetings for presenting the situation of the clients, participating in meetings for discussing changes in legislation etc.
• Performing the internal procedures regarding client acquisition, independence check, legal compliance obligations etc.
• Working efficiently as a team member, sharing responsibilities, providing support, improving, maintaining and updating communication with the management team.
Submit your CV also to: office@ ro.gt.com