Senior Java Developer (Quality Management)
8x8 is transforming the world of business communications.
We are passionate about developing industry-leading technology that brings people together anytime, anywhere they are in the world, and on any device.
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our growing technology team. This is an exciting opportunity to become a member of the 8x8 engineering staff and be involved in the entire life cycle of development, from the browser to the database.
8x8 Call Center Quality Management is a customer interaction evaluation & quality improvement tool that enables contact centers to meet expectations by offering innovative collaboration tools built to enable a modern approach to performance management.
Core-qualifications we are looking for:
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, quality driven and capable of working both independently and in a team
- Solid Object-Oriented Analysis and Design skills
- Strong technical skills across Java, SQL, web and database technologies
- Development experience with Java REST web services
- Knowledge of secure coding practices
Additional “nice-to-have” qualities that would help your application stand out:
- Experience working on Cloud based solutions with modern cloud technologies including Docker, Kubernetes, MicroServices
- Familiarity with Spring, Hibernate, MySql
- Experience with Java 8 and functional programming
You will be part of the team that owns high-performance, mission-critical services, from design to development, deployment and operation at scale in a microservices architecture.
You will be responsible for adding new features, solving day-to-day problems, and you will apply your technical know-how to contribute to system-wide technical improvements all this in an agile run project that is continuously deployed in Kubernetes clusters hosted in AWS.
In this role you will be trusted to:
- Design and implement modular, scalable, and highly available software components.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
- Understand the functional requirements and ensure designs are in compliance with specifications.
- Ensure quality and maintain performance of deployed solutions.
- Prepare and produce releases of software components.
Working at 8x8:
- Industry leading, award-winning technology - 9x UCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader, 7x CCaaS Gartner Magic Quadrant Challenger
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Competitive compensation and benefits package