Utility Operation Engineer - Tires Business Area
* Ensures the necessary steam, compressed air, vacuum, cooling water, water, HVAC system for production in the highest efficiency conditions.
* Participates in the hotline service according to the schedule and in case of breakdowns acts promptly to remove the defect in conditions of maximum safety, taking into consideration at the same time the smooth running of production.
* Participates in the maintenance of the following equipment's: boilers, water treatment plant, thermal distribution points of the heating agent, gas station, drilling, curing ventilation, air conditioning, chillers, ventilation in the entire plant, air conditioning, rainwater pumps, RTO, Cold Plasma generation.
* Analyzes existing utilities systems and collects data on utilities operations, HVAC, electrical, lighting and controls to determine and control energy usage and efficiency.
* Developed technical expertise in all matters to do with energy and environmental control.
* Developing and implementing strategies relating to renewable energy and corporate sustainable development.
* Advising management on contributing to sustainable energy initiatives.
* Ensures a competent and cost-effective maintenance for energy equipment.
* Ensures preventive and predictive maintenance to comply with the performance indicators (KPI) for the following equipment: compressors, water cooling systems, vacuum system and main pipes related to the equipment listed up to the isolation valve of the production equipment.
* Participates in various investment projects, extensions and energy optimizations.
* Ensures order and cleanliness in area of responsibility and compliance with Continental standards of environmental protection.
* Ensures professional training and supports periodic knowledge evaluation of direct subordinates.
* Ensures the implementation of potential technical improvements (including costs savings) on energy supply systems in cooperation with other departments.
* Ensures continuous optimization of natural gas, compressed air, cooling water, chilled water consumption for production.
* Monitors the consumption of steam, vacuum, chilled water, compressed air, well water and cooling water, that they are aligned to the predetermined limits.
* Informs immediately of possible exceedances and proposes technical solutions to return to the established parameters.
* Collects all consumption values in order to complete the monthly energy ratio, forecasts the monthly energy (electricity, gas, water) consumption necessary for Utility installations.
* Participates in the realization of energy balances, annual budget and planning of the annual investments program in area of responsibility within Plant Engineering departments.
* Manages any issues of direct subordinates regarding: time shifts, holidays, emergency interventions, (...)
* Defines the methods used to repair and maintain the physical assets.
* Develops the most efficient plan for executing maintenance tasks and continuously improves it.
* Ensures quality maintenance (according to the documentation) of energy equipment, prepares technical specifications, monitors the service contracts and external companies in case of activities related to the area of responsibility.
* Ensures the acquisition and management of tools and measuring devices required for interventions in area of responsibility.
* Ensures the necessary stock of spare parts and consumables for all installations in area of responsibility.
* Manages projects or is member of strategic projects teams at company level, that involve short-range or long-range planning, or coordinates the work of other colleagues and/or technical staff (Conti related or external companies)
* Ensures Drive, Messdas, BMS standard processes implementation. Monitors and evaluates regularly quality of data entered in Drive, Messdas system and provides needed training to direct subordinates.
* Develops technical expertise in all matters regarding energy and environmental control.
* Develops and implements strategies related to renewable energy and corporate sustainable development.
* Advises management on contributing to sustainable energy initiatives.
* Develops and proposes solutions for Energy Efficiency and alternatives for energy equipment, in order to reduce specific consumption.
* Coordinates the implementation of the approved solution and evaluates its efficiency.
* Ensures adherence to the best practices and standards in the company, as well the legal requirements, as stipulated by government, related to electricity distribution and distribution media.
* Trains direct subordinates and ensures the observance of specific norms of labor protection and of all valid provisions, ISCIR prescriptions in case of work in the boiler room and for the energetic equipment.
* Minimum 3 years experience
* Technical experience
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of i37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires business area stands for innovative top performance in tire technology. Services for dealers and fleet management as well as digital tire monitoring and management systems are further areas of focus. The aim is to contribute to safe, economical and sustainable mobility.