Senior Financial Accountant
Schlumberger is looking for innovators to shape the future of energy. If you share our passion for discovery, we’ll give you the platform to turn it into real impact. If you want to discover what you can do next, then this is the place for you. Are you looking for a challenging career move in Finance? We invite you to learn more about the open positions that the Schlumberger Bucharest Financial Hub has to offer! We opened our Bucharest Financial Hub in 2012 and it is currently our biggest hub in the Romanian capital. Our Schlumberger Financial Hubs are centers of excellence that encourage curious and talented people to develop in a dynamic environment, helping them build successful careers in order to achieve their full potential. Does this sound like the ideal next step in your career? If so, then learn about the opportunities our Bucharest Financial Hub has to offer. Join the winning team at Schlumberger.
This role is part of the General Accounting and Controlling department and it supports the month end close process, balance sheet notes, group and internal audits and technical projects in the management accounting area, according to US GAAP Standards (and internal policies and regulations).
- Responsibility for closing the management books for multiple legal entities;
- Balance sheet review, reconciliations and preparation of associated balance sheet notes;
- Control and preparation of general ledger entries including prepaid, accruals, provisions, allocations etc.;
- Responsibility for coordination and execution of Internal and Group Audit requirements;
- Ensures compliance with US GAAP standards and internal policies and controls;
- Work cross departments, cross hubs and cross functions in order to achieve accuracy, completeness and timeliness of deliverables;
- Having a good overview of the business transactions and their reflection in management accounting;
- Analyzing actual results (P&L and BS) to reconcile financial accounts, taking responsibility for all balances and resolution of queries;
- Ad Hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required;
- Fulfill any task assigned by the direct supervisor in accordance with the professional experience and area of expertise.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Diploma holder for professional qualifications;
- Three (3)+ years of experience in management or financial accounting;
- Strong computer experience Microsoft Office desired and SAP knowledge is a plus;
- Good communication & Collaboration skills;
- Demonstrate high reliability and self-motivation;
- Drive accountability and results;
- Fluent in English;
- Second foreign language (preferably French, Spanish) would be considered a plus.
Feel free to apply here!