Food & Beverage Manager
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs British School of Bucharest active
View all jobs Food & Beverage Manager active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Others active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Tourism active on Hipo.ro
The British School of Bucharest (BSB) is a leading international School, providing a comprehensive international education based on the National Curriculum for England and offers EYFS, Primary and Secondary schooling, with IGCSEs to A Levels.
BSB has offered, since the year 2000, a British education in Bucharest for children aged 2-18. It is a richly diverse learning community, with more than 650 students represented by over 50 nationalities. They benefit from an impressive pupil to teacher ratio and small class sizes, ensuring a personalised and highly supportive learning environment, offered by 100% English-speaking teachers.
BSB is the only British school in Romania rated as ‘excellent’ for both ‘the quality of pupils’ learning and achievements’ and the ‘quality of pupils’ personal development’, according to 2018 UK Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) report.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant Food Service experience preferred
- 2-3 years people and team management experience
- Batchelor Degree
- Experienced in various POS and transaction devices and software systems
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Adaptability – can learn in a new environment and apply skills developed on the job to complete new tasks as they arise
- Supervisory skills – must delegate tasks efficiently and in a graceful manner, managing the team and help them to prepare and serve meals to guests safely and efficiently
- Interpersonal skills - maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits a willingness to try new things; works well in a team atmosphere and gets along well with others; prioritizes work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Serve as role model and leader; must solve problems, make informed decisions, and manage the workforce and time wisely to achieve maximum results
- Recruit, develop, and inspire a highly effective team of food service personnel
- Understand and apply local or international laws in regard to foodservice and general employment matters
- Ensure individual and team meet performance objectives and client expectations.
- Plan and lead daily team briefings. Ensure safety and sanitation standards in all operations.
- Inspects the supplies, equipment, and workstations
- Check in external and internal vendors according to corporate procedures.
- Develop and implement retail services plan to improve service, quality and profitability of service areas.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified retail experience for customers.
- Accurate completion of various foodservice operating reports
- Enforce Company policies and procedures
- Report any breakdowns, malfunctions, or damage to equipment in the kitchen and unsafe activities to supervisor
- Recommends and takes corrective actions when problems are identified with food, services provided, labour costs or safety