Capital Markets Shared Technology
Technical Architect is a member of software engineering team who designs software solutions from the ground up, making high-level decisions about each stage of the process and leading a team of engineers to create the final product. This role requires significant experience as a software developer. The goal is to provide a framework for the development of a software or system that will result in high quality IT solutions.
- Partner closely with Solution Architects, Technical Product Managers (TPM) and the software development teams to determine high quality system designs meeting functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ability to learn new languages and systems.
- Develop architectural solutions for databases, user interfaces, and web services
- Conceptualize software solutions to address particular needs for end-users
- Collaborate with software development teams to determine product scope and direction
- Decide on the platforms and coding standards to be used in project development
- Evaluate existing software solutions to identify areas for improvement
- Create modifications for existing software to upgrade performance
- Assist teams in conducting testing to ensure optimal functionality
- Debug any errors or issues that arise
- Ensure architectural integrity of software solutions
- Determine project timelines and complete work to deadlines
- Maintain thorough documentation of systems and applications
- Mentor, encourage, and motivate team members
- Oversee architectural approaches from conception to installation
- Collaborating with various stakeholders to determine software requirements.
- Providing the development team with architectural blueprints to follow.
- Guiding and assisting the development team throughout the process.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with coding or design.
- Ensuring that you and the team adhere to development schedules and deadlines.
- Presenting regular progress reports and setting goals.
- Coach and motivate others in the team, listen and share knowledge
Candidate ProfileKey Behavior
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal relationship skills and strong team player.
- Passionate about technology and want to be on the cutting edge.
- A problem solver who uses the right tools to solve real world problems.
- Driven by building solutions that produce engaging products.
- Comfortable in an agile/lean environment with a fast and efficient workflow
- Proven experience architecting highly available and highly scalable systems.
- Deep knowledge of designing and delivering SaaS/PaaS platforms.
- Extensive knowledge of API design, management, and consumption.
- Proficient in microservice design, development, deployment, and monitoring.
- Experience developing cloud native solutions: AWS (preferably)/ GCP /AZUR cloud environments, including designing infrastructure, storage, services, and tools.
- Preferably a polyglot, with experience across the full stack.
- Very strong Java skills (Spring Boot)
- SQL, MongoDB, Postgres, Elasticsearch, relational databases,
- Master with development tools and practices
- Understanding of TDD, BDD, DDD and test automation
- CI and CD environments and practices
- Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket), GitHub
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
Share Purchase Plan
Private Medical Insurance
Pillar 3 Private Pension Plan
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.