Agile Delivery Manager
Agile Delivery Manager, Capital Markets Shared Technology
Agile Delivery Managers have expertise in Agile Delivery and ideally come from software engineering background. They lead agile, cross-functional software delivery teams, removing impediments and creating high-performing teams to achieve business outcomes. They are responsible for end-to-end delivery, ensuring the team is delivering demonstrable value on every iteration. They work with the Tech, Quality, Technical Architecture, UX/UI Designers, and Product Owners, to not only deliver products and services, but also evolve and improve our current processes.
An Agile Delivery Manager manages scope and schedules with an Agile-centric approach to prioritization and value delivery. They assist with user story creation and backlog management as well as building and maintaining a product roadmap. They own the process, adhere to LSEG's Agile engagement methodologies, and are knowledgeable about the effective processes and steps needed to execute the delivery of a digital project successfully.
- Partner closely with Technical Product Managers (TPM), Business Architects and the business stakeholders from all trading venues.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the business's needs, strategy and goals.
- Lead teams with minimum support, finding pathways with projects with ambiguity, and escalating problems to the appropriate level when necessary.
- Demonstrate strong consulting expertise by strategically leading and navigating crucial conversations with our stakeholders.
- Facilitate discovery sessions with delivery teams and TPMs
- Manage scope and schedules with an Agile approach to prioritization and value delivery
- Perform the Scrum Master role for the technical delivery team: facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospective ceremonies, attend and facilitate sprint Show and Tells
- Help to maintain a product roadmap; in conjunction with a Product Owner create and manage user stories and product backlog
- Ensure teams deliver demonstrable value against the business's objectives every iteration.
- Leverage a scalable qualitative and quantitative approach to risk management, identifying risks early, providing high visibility on impact and urgency against project milestones, and determining timely, necessary action(s)
- Provide visibility and transparency both internally and externally through regular reporting, and communicate progress and risks at both the sprint and overall project level
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality
- Provide feedback, guidance, and coaching to members of the delivery team, in collaboration with their people managers
- Determine and improve morale through team health checks and team norms while guiding the group toward meeting their objectives/goals and leverage their soft skills
- Create and optimize an environment where the team can focus on delivering outcomes
- Provide team composition forecasts and ensuring roll-off/on's are managed smoothly within the team.
- Contribute to the Community of Practice, leveraging a refined toolkit of best practices, collaboration tools, techniques, and activities
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal relationship skills and strong team player.
- Strong adherence to Project Governance
- A commitment to Continuous improvement / Continuous Delivery
- Excellent Stakeholder Management skills, both technical and non-technical
- Confident, assured, and willing to drive delivery
- Agile Scrum Master Certification highly desirable
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban and other Agile frameworks
- Exceptional knowledge of Lean-Agile principles and methodologies, with an ability to put them into practice
- Understanding of scaled frameworks such as SAFe, LeSS, Scaled Scrum
- Experience as a Product Owner or a Product Manager or a Business Analyst
- Experience with user story writing, backlog management and roadmap creation
- Risk management with proven ability to establish approaches which continuously mitigate external and internal risks.
- Strong ability to leverage various reporting matrixes that provide project insight
- Experience with creating high-performing teams
- Quality-first mentality; able to recognize and mediate conflict between parties at all levels, with both the team and with external stakeholders working with the team
- Leadership including: Guidance and support provided to the immediate agile team and wider project members as required
- Coaching and mentoring of agile team to build and mature agile delivery capability.
- Kindness, compassion, focus, drive, curiosity and thirst for learning new things
- Nice to have Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, or related equivalent
We are looking for intellectually curious people, passionate about the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are creative and a problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee's potential through personal development and through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe that remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
25 days' holiday per year
Share Purchase Plan
Private Medical Insurance
Pillar 3 Private Pension Plan
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise - and our purpose. You'll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) ("We") may hold about you, what it's used for, and how it's obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.