TELEMATICS Software Developer C++
Wipro is a strategic engineering partner for one of the world’s leading global independent suppliers to the automotive sector, to realize its vision of transforming the future of mobility in partnership with its customers.
As part of this agreement, Wipro leverages its strong automotive engineering expertise to establish a software engineering factory and expedite launch of cutting-edge technologies on connectivity and sustainable mobility solutions.
We work on multiple projects around: Electronics (including HMI, Telematics & Infotainment, Body Electronics, ADAS), Automotive Lighting and Powertrain.
- Review Software specifications, Architecture and Design documents for the system
- Study and understand customer and internal specifications.
- Develop component design document based on specifications and given SW architecture
- Develop software components (C++/Linux)
- Resolve inconsistencies in case of unclear technical requirements in the specification by direct communication with the responsible internal/external stackholder
- Perform functional testing of developed source code, participate in code review sessions
- Provide root cause analysis for issues, fix these issues, and verify effectiveness of given fixes for the software components delivered.
- Debug knowledge using gdb
- Find optimal solutions for specific requirements and propose solutions
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Specify and implement unit tests for developed SW units
- Develop and offer visibility on risk assessment for critical fixes
- University degree in Computer Sciences, Electronics, Telecommunications or similar;
- At least 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- Solid knowledge of C++ proved by 3+ years of experience
- Linux expertise
- Experience in developing embedded applications
- Knowledge in inter-process communication, threading, socket communication
- Good English communication skills both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of software development processes
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
Nice to have:
- Unified Modeling Language Knowledge
- Knowledge in agile software development methods (SCRUM, SAFe Agile)
- Knowledge of automotive technologies and tools (JIRA, DOORS, ASPICE, V-Model, GIT, STASH)
- Knowledge in one of these areas is very appreciated:
- System Functions (Diagnostics, DTCs)
- Security (secure boot, TEE, DEV/Sec mode switch)
- Knowledge of how Linux Kernel works
- Coordinate resources if required
Excellent career development opportunities, working in challenging projects and using some of the best technologies;
An international and multicultural working environment, in a prestigious and growing company;
Being part of a young, dynamic, and motivated team;
Continuous and self-paced learning opportunities to enhance your professional and soft skills;
Competitive compensation package, including performance and holiday bonuses;
Strong flexible benefits package that you can tailor to your own needs;
Premium insurance to medical services;
Flexible work time and location, including some of the coolest offices;
Friendly and chill atmosphere and company culture.
Wipro Ltd. is a leading global information technology and consulting company, with over 190,000 dedicated employees serving clients across six continents. We harness the power of cognitive computing, hyper-automation, robotics, cloud, analytics and emerging technologies to help our clients adapt to the digital world and make them successful. Together, we discover ideas and connect the dots to build a better and a bold new future.
Wipro’s Engineering and R&D division is building in Romania a new Center of Excellence. We speak Connected Products (AV/EV, Edge Computing), Software, Cloud and Data Platforms, Industry 4.0.
Do you want to enjoy the opportunities in a new and growing team? We are growing the team to several hundred engineers in the next few years.
Are you flexible, hungry to learn and work in new technologies? We have many projects, trainings and opportunities to learn and grow.
Do you enjoy flexibility, the ability to work between a top office and the comfort of your home? Wipro has the coolest offices in two of the best locations in Bucharest and Timisoara, as well as flexibility to choose the office hours.
We welcome people who are curious, flexible, and always ready to learn new things, as we take pride in the technologies from some amazing mentors and who are able to teach us new things, as we appreciate and reward experience.